Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with eCornell.Full disclaimer.
Speaking and understanding the language of finance are essential skills for leaders and managers throughout an organization; smart business decisions rest on this fundamental knowledge. Without a clear understanding of financial analysis and management, you lack credibility with finance managers and business leaders.
This certificate in financial management consists of courses that demystify financial terminology and concepts, giving you the tools you need to communicate fluently with finance managers and articulate business investment and project proposals to decision makers. Upon completion of the financial management program, you will have a solid foundation in finance that will serve you throughout your career.
Participants in this certificate need one of the following financial calculators to complete four of the required courses: Hewlett-Packard 12C or Texas Instruments BA II Plus. Both are available for purchase directly from Amazon.com. While waiting for the physical calculator to arrive, you may wish to try this online emulator of the HP 12C.
- Mastering the Time Value of Money
- Making Capital Investment Decisions
- Risk and Return: How to Identify, Measure, and Incorporate Into Capital Budgeting Decisions
- Raising Capital: The Process, the Players, and Strategic Considerations
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Using Ratio Analysis to Evaluate Financial Performance
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Interpret financial information
- Apply common financial analysis frameworks in evaluating new projects
- Consider risk and return in capital budgeting
- Analyze the debt-equity ratio in capital structuring decisions
- Effectively communicate operational and financial strategies
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Financial Management Certificate from Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
- 48 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- 34.25 Professional Development Units (PDUs) toward PMI recertification
- 36 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification
- 30 Strategic Business Management credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification
- 6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification
Who should attend
- Company officers
- Anyone responsible for the financial success of a business