Who should attend
Ideal for people with a limited financial background who need to know the basics of budgets and financial documents for their work.
About the course
Increase your confidence with finance and performance decision making.
- Confidently understand financial and management accounting reports.
- Apply knowledge to effectively use your organisation’s financial information.
- Read and interpret financial reports and make key decisions regarding costs, revenues, profitability and management.
- Understand the importance of non-financial performance indicators.
What is covered in the course?
- Simplifying the major accounting terms you need to know.
- How to read and interpret financial reports.
- What financial accounting reports can tell you (and what they can’t).
- How management accounting can help you.
- How to identify key performance indicators.
- Performance evaluation including budgeting basics.
How will I benefit?
You will learn and apply key finance and budgeting principles.
Your exploration of the tools, concepts and techniques used by finance professionals will enhance your ability to communicate effectively with accountants.
How will my organisation benefit?
Your new skillset will streamline conversations between finance and non-finance people, bringing greater productivity to project discussions around budgets and finance.
Mark Priadko; B Econ (Hons); Grad Dip (Marketing) Mark helps people think through complex situations and opportunities. His clients include organisations from all levels of government (state, federal and local), Universities, and other for-profit and not-for-profit organisations. The first half ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.