About the course
Before you can make effective financial decisions, you need to become proficient in navigating the key financial statements. In this one-day hands on workshop you will:
- Learn through an interactive mentoring approach
- Build a solid foundation and understanding of the language of finance
- Practice concepts by analyzing financial statements from major industries to link to your new vocabulary
- Learn about the major factors used in making investment decisions
Who will Benefit
You will benefit from this learning journey if you are interested in exploring the following questions:
- How can I more effectively use my marketing budget?
- How can I reach more potential audience members and grow my current audience?
- What are some ways that I can better understand my audience?
Upon completing this program, you will:
- Communicate more effectively with financial executives in your organization
- Build financial vocabulary to better understand and interpret key financial statements
- Sharpen skills in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of competitors by analyzing their financial statements
- Navigate between strategy and operations using financial statements and ratios
- Understand the decision criteria used when companies make investment decisions
Wayne Irvine is a senior instructor in accounting at the Haskayne School of Business. Wayne teaches in the area of financial accounting, auditing and financial literacy at the undergraduate, graduate and executive level. He also teaches courses for the CPA Western School of Business. Previous to ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.