Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This finance training course is designed for:
- Finance or Business Manager with minimum 8 years business experience, management responsibility and a basic understanding of financial statements
- Also appropriate for newly appointed General Managers and Vice Presidents.
About the course
As a Financial Manager, how are you differentiating your organization from competition? What financial strategic options do you consider?
Companies today are facing a more and more global, complex and unstable market environment. As a Manager, how are you differentiating your organization from competition? What strategic options did you consider? Instead of looking for long-term strategic sustainable alternatives, many companies are focused on short-term profit maximizing. This situation generates a lot of pressure cascaded down from the Board of Directors to the Senior Management, from the Senior Management to the Middle Management and from the Middle Management to the individual employee.
Register to this intensive 3-day financial management training programme focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by senior financial professionals that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions. Bring your strategic dilemmas to the programme and get direction on analytical and organizational approaches. You will return back to work with more confidence, make more intelligent and rational decisions and ensure your strategic initiatives are effective.
This financial management training combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will help you set a successful financial strategy and create financial value in your organization.
How will you benefit?
After taking this programme, you will grow your financial management skills and be able to:
- Conscious about the new role, responsibilities and behaviour of the Finance Team
- Comfortable with the notion of value creation and its key drivers
- Capable to link value creation enablers with various strategic options
- Familiar with new measurement metrics and conscious about their impact on company decisions
Think about the…
- Impact on the current strategy. Do we do the right things?
- Way to define and communicate the value creation drivers for my area of expertise
- Way to organize the Finance team in order to contribute to value creation
- Impact on the development of the Finance team members to acquire the necessary skills and credentials
- Way to implement the value creation measurement metrics
- Inform my Management about my plan to generate value
- Explain to my team members the meaning of value creation and its impact on the sustainability of the company
- Chose and implement the adequate value creation drivers for my area
- Communicate clearly my implementation plan to my team members
- Monitor the implementation process
- Work on the development program for my key team members with HR
- Design and implement the balanced scorecard to measure the effective stakeholder value
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real-world examples over 3 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
Financial Excellence: Create Value in Your Organization is a 3-days hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former financial management experience in international companies.
1.1 Main value creation contributors
- Value creation definition
- Major value creation contributors
- Value driven business system
1.2 Strategic options to create value
- Strategic options based on the customer value proposition
- Organic growth
- External growth
- Operational excellence
2.1 Traditional role of Finance
- The theoretical balancing act
- Compliance & Fiduciary duty
- Business support
2.2 From Finance Manager to Sparing Partner
- Leading the team
- The wider role
- Accountancy versus Business versus time
2.3 The Trusted Advisor
- Characteristics of a Trusted Advisor
- Becoming a Trusted Advisor: the ten behaviors
- Becoming a source of proposal by having the clients’ (external & internal) best interest in mind
3.1 Metrics to measure shareholder value
- Internal growth
- Investment appraisal (Discounted cash flow, NPV, IRR)
- Economic value added
- External growth
- Principles of M & A
- Company valuation methods
3.2 Metrics to measure the stakeholder value: The balanced scorecard:
- The balanced scorecard strategic map
- The balanced scorecards process
- The business pyramid with measurable indicators
- Critical success factors
Today Tony consults in the areas of strategy, business development and restructuring. He serves as Director of the Conference Board’s European council of Financial Executives and Controllers. He is a Board member of a Japanese company and also served on the Board of two leading companies in Thail...
Prior to joining “Harlan” (2004-2010) and for 22 years, Damien held senior management positions as Manager Financial Controls, CFO, Deputy General Manager and General Manager in companies across several industries (construction, telecommunications, energy, life sciences). These companies were mai...
Thomas is a senior general management, sales and consulting professional. He brings to MCE 25 years of experience in Restructuring, Rebranding, Change Management and Transaction Advisory. He has a broad functional background having worked as a Managing Director, Sales Manager, VP Sales Operations...
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.