About the course
This course is designed for early- or middle-stage career professionals who are or will be responsible for executing organizational strategy with an integrated view of the organization including professionals from distribution and logistics, production, procurement and operations. The approach is hands on applications focusing on improving participants’ company’s financial performance. It is designed to improve participants’ financial decision-making by understanding how their decisions influences the company’s performance, identifying initiatives to improve performance, building better business cases, and enhancing financial acumen.
The course will be comprised of three 90-minute instructor-led LIVE group webinars. Prior to attending each live webinar, you will be required to complete 90 minutes of online pre-work (for a total of nine hours)
What You Will Learn
- Financial acumen
- A framework for better managing financial performance
- How faster decision-making can help more quickly capture business and financial benefits
- Practical experience of putting together a business case for a real project.
How You Will Benefit
- Measure (return, cash flow, etc.) and key drivers (revenue, profitability, asset utilization) of financial performance.
- Understand the ‘Power of One’ – the impact of improving any financial metric by 1% (e.g. 1% increase in revenue, 1% decrease in cost of goods sold & 1-day reduction in inventory).
- Learn how improvement in operational key performance indicators (KPIs) improves cash flow and overall financial performance and how to better manage activities that impact operational KPIs.
- Build a business case (strategic fit, critical success factors, change management, intangible benefits, financial criteria e.g., cash flow, payback, NPV and breakeven analysis) and use a business case as a project plan.
Mr. Brown has over 30 years of experience in supply chain management operations and services as an operations manager, consultant, educator, and executive recruiter. Tim was appointed as Managing Director in the Georgia Tech Supply Chain & Logistics Institute (SCL). SCL is a unit of Georgia ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.