Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
All managers involved in any aspect of monitoring and improving business financial performance. All executives involved in monitoring and managing key operations of the business plan of an organization and willing to learn and articulate key performance indicators for business development and venture success.
About the course
Successfully controlling finance requires the establishment and review of all aspects of procedures, authorisation, reporting and monitoring of financial transactions. This course has been designed to provide delegates with practical approaches to financial management and control.
Many organisations fail to optimise business performance by not having clear strategies in place, not recognising potential future problems so enabling pre-emptive action to be identified and actioned. This course considers the key facets of the business in order to create a planning framework for the future and so capitalise on the strengths of the business.
This course provides an overview of the benefits of using a balanced set of measures to evaluate the performance of a business or organization. It then teaches a process that an individual or team can use to develop a balanced scorecard for their business or organization. It also shows how a scorecard can be used as a management tool after it has been developed.
## Course Objectives
- Be able to review and improve financial controls
- Monitor key financial 'drivers'
- Assess the impact of contractual terms
- Reducing financial risk
- How to assess the current position
- Why businesses fail or fail to grow
- How do identify strategies
- How to plan for the key elements of the business
- Articulate the key factors to your success
- Organize them into categories
- Select measures to manage performance
- Establish goals for each measure
- Develop a data collection system
- Communicate what is important
- Make the measures meaningful to everyone in the company
- Evaluate, revise and redeploy
## Course Outline
Your syllabus covers the following main topics:
- Accounting – The Language of Business
- Measuring Income to Assess Performance
- Using Financial Statements
- Accounting for Sales
- Inventories and Cost of Goods Sold
- Long-Lived Assets and Depreciation
- Liabilities and Interest
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Organization of the Finance function
- Relationship to Economics and Accounting
- Goal of the Finance Manager
- Maximizing Profit
- Maximizing Shareholder wealth
- Financial Markets
- Corporate bonds
- Differences in Debt and Equity Capital
- Interest Rates and Required Returns
Strategic Planning for Success
- Critical success factors for Strategic Thinking and Planning
- System (and Systems) Thinking
- The Strategic Planning Process
- Assessing Needs – Defining the critical gaps
- Solving Problems – Closing the priority gaps
- Developing ‘SMARTER’ Objectives
- Delivering High Payoffs
Business Plan Evaluation
- Evaluation of Strategy
- Redefining Strategy Formulation
- Analyzing the External Markets
- Internal Analysis
- Assessing the Product/Service Plan
- Evaluating the Marketing Plan
- Optimizing the Control Systems
- Re-Designing a Growth Plan
Introducing the Balanced Scorecard
- Why use a Balanced Scorecard
- Cause and effect
- 4 Perspectives of a Balanced Scorecard
- Strategic themes
- Translating strategy into operational
- Measurement and target setting.
- Aligning the organisation to the strategy
- Business unit, functional, support and personal scorecards
- Balanced Scorecard development process.
- Balanced Scorecard implementation
- Managing for results with a Balanced Scorecard
- Balanced Scorecard and the Management of change.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.