Who should attend
New to mid-level managers who need to better understand and interpret financial information will benefit from this program. Non-financial managers from any functional area and all industries will find this program highly beneficial to improving their overall ability to read and interpret financial data. No prior knowledge of finance or accounting is needed to participate in this program.
About the course
Are you in a position that has increasing responsibility for financial decisions that meet organizational goals? Do you wish to have a better understanding of your department’s financial details? Are you looking to communicate financial data more effectively with your leadership team?
Finance for the Non-Financial Manager is designed to provide participants with hands-on experience in using and interpreting financial data. With the use of energetic lectures and hands-on exercises, participants will gain an understanding of the standard techniques of practical financial management. These techniques will then be used in a case study setting to identify issues and factors that improve decision-making related to finance.
- Introductory Concepts
- Financing Sources and Costs
- Financial Reporting and Accounting Issues, Financial Statement Group Exercise
- Making Investment Decisions
- Investment Decision Case Study
- Financial Planning, Ratios, and Valuing a Business
Key Learning Outcomes:
Participants in this program will learn to:
- Understand financial reports
- Interpret financial data in contracts
- Identify sources and uses of capital
- Appreciate the difference between cash flow and profitability
- Make better decisions based on financial planning and analysis
- Communicate with financial executives in your organization
- Articulate the financial impact of decisions made by the CFO and CEO
Dr. Charles Hadlock is currently the Frederick S. Addy Distinguished Chair in Finance at the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University. He has held prior faculty appointments at the Universities of Florida, Illinois, and Virginia and visiting faculty positions at the Universitie...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.