Who should attend
This course suits middle to senior managers and professionals:
- public or private sector managers responsible for the management of people and / or resources, requiring a better understanding of the concepts and issues surrounding analysis of financial performance
- middle-to-senior managers with little or no formal finance or accounting qualifications.
About the course
Confidently read and interpret key financial reports.
- Interpret and understand financial information with confidence.
- Apply financial analysis when making management decisions.
- Read and understand the three key financial accounting reports- the balance sheet, profit and loss statement and statement of cash flows.
- Use financial information to assess an organisations financial health including identification of weaknesses and opportunities.
- Clearly understand internal budget/actual reports.
What is covered in the course?
Understand key concepts and issues surrounding analysis of financial performance.
The information contained in financial reports is critical to understanding your organisation's situation - the opportunities for improvement and issues to be addressed.
How will I benefit?
You will gain:
- an understanding of key financial reports and how to analyse them
- skills to develop effective budget documents
- increased confidence in financial decision making and financial implications of operational and strategic decisions.
How will my organisation benefit?
Your organisation will gain:
- enhanced understanding of the financial environment of the organisation
- informed staff who can improve their strategic and operation decision making through an increased understanding of business finance.
David is a Certified Practicing Accountant and a Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia. He graduated from the South Australian Institute of Technology in Accountancy, majoring in Company Evaluation, and undertook further studies in Education, Education Administration, and App...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.