Comprehensive course analysis
For a limited time only $40.00 $20.00Order
Who should attend
This programme is suitable for all managers who wish to enhance their financial knowledge, including:
- current and prospective non-financial managers
- consultants with a non-financial background
- lawyers exposed to finance in their legal practice.
Most participants hold a bachelor or master degree, and some have a PhD in a field unrelated to finance.
About the course
Are you a non-financial manager who feels daunted by discussions with finance professionals, and wants to quickly grasp the important aspects of finance? Dr Arjen Mulder, senior lecturer in corporate finance, will provide you with the tools and insights you need to effectively deal with these challenges and help you turn them into a business advantage.
Understand the financial impact of decisions
During Finance for Non-Financial Managers, you will acquire a strong grounding in the most widely used financial tools. In two days on campus – plus some online work prior to and after the course – you will learn about financial reporting in balance sheets, cash flow and income statements, and how these are used for decision-making, performance management, business improvements and valuation.
When you have completed this programme, you will be able to:
- explain how the role of finance can influence the overall success of an organisation
- understand the key tools used by financial specialists
- assess the financial performance of your organisation
- interpret and evaluate financial data with your newfound practical skills
- understand how organisations have become global leaders by driving their operational excellence
- utilise your new, practical skills to interpret and evaluate financial data.
Arjen Mulder is an assistant professor of finance at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University. He earned his doctorate in business at Erasmus University. His teaching interests are focused in the area of corporate finance. He has taught a variety of courses at the executive level (MBA a...
Florian Madertoner is a Lecturer at the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University. He holds a degree in Banking- and Finance. Florian’s research interests include Capital Structure Theory, Behavioral Finance, Fraud and the History of Finance. He is responsible for the Finance part of th...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.