Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with GIBS Business School.Full disclaimer.
A programme that will 'lift the veil' surrounding financial data.
This four day programme is for those who want to improve their understanding of the financial ramifications of their decisions – whether these relate to an impact on the income statement, balance sheet or cash-flow statement. Through a mixture of classroom lectures, practical exercises and interpretation of financial statements, this course will help delegates to ‘lift the veil’ surrounding financial data
How you will benefit
At the end of this programme, you should be able to:
- Plan more effectively as to take the financial impact of your decisions into consideration;
- Identify what causes and drives costs;
- Gain insight into working capital management;
- Apply key ratios and performance measures;
- Understand growth, cash-flow and profitability considerations;
- Implement the concept of contribution and marginal costing;
- Calculate discounted cash-flow and capital costs; and
- Comprehend the principles of valuation and value creation from an economic perspective.
Key Focus Areas:
- Introduction to annual financial statements
- Judgmental issues / notes and policies
- Case studies
- Recap of day 1 and introduction to costing
- Absorption costing / cost allocations
- Marginal costing
Working capital management
Financial planning and growth
Discounted cash flows
- Case study
- Capital costs
- Valuation principles
- Creating value
Who should attend
This programme is designed to provide managers in non-financial positions with a practical understanding of finance and accounting. It is assumed that delegates will have no formal accounting or finance knowledge prior to attending this programme.