Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Executives who make or contribute to decisions with significant financial implications
- Managers with profit-and-loss responsibility in marketing, operations, human resources, engineering, or other non-financial areas
- Individuals who do not have a background in finance
- Leaders who need to refresh their finance knowledge
About the course
Learn critical financial fundamentals to confidently communicate with finance partners and understand how to analyze and evaluate financial decisions.
This course runs every fall and spring.
The goal of the Finance for Non-Financial Managers program is to provide leaders and decision-makers who do not possess a strong grounding in finance, an understanding of how money works inside their organization and how money can be used in making decisions. This program is filled with instruction and case studies and topped off with a financial simulation to ensure participants practice their new-found knowledge.
- Read, understand and interpret financial statements
- Make decisions using capital budgeting
- Identify the business impact of changes in cash flow
- Apply value creation principles
- Understand financial metrics used by stakeholders to evaluate the health of the organization
Education BS 1980 Finance University of Minnesota MBA 1987 Finance University of Minnesota Expertise Teaching faculty member not active in research Rick Nelson is a Senior Lecturer in Finance and Director of Undergraduate Finance Programs, Department of Finance, Carlson School of Management, ...
John Molloy has been Finance Faculty member of the year, responsible for introductory finance courses at the Carlson School. John has worked in a variety of roles ranging from federal examiner, internal auditor to strategic planning and financial analyst. His corporate experience, working in acco...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.