Finance for Non-Financial Directors
On this course designed specifically for non-finance directors and senior managers we will demystify the world of finance, helping you to assess the financial health of an organisation in the context of its strategic objectives.
This course will give you an understanding of key financial concepts and terminology, as well as the skills and knowledge required to evaluate business plans with confidence, question financial information and contribute more effectively to boardroom decision-making.
By attending this course you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to assess the financial health of your business, understand the relationship between financial and corporate strategies, the concept of financial risk, and the importance of risk assessment and management.
By attending this course you will gain the knowledge and skills to:
- Evaluate the director's role and responsibilities in relation to finance, and the relationship between financial and corporate strategies
- Understand common financial statements and, how they relate to each other and are affected by business decisions
- Explain how to use financial ratios, and interpret accounts in order to assess the financial health of an organisation
- Outline ways of ensuring that management reporting is effective in enabling the organisation's strategy to be achieved
- Understand the key factors to consider in relation to funding requirements and possible funding options
This course will be beneficial for all board directors at an early or mid-point in their career (both execs and non-execs), senior leaders or senior managers aspiring to a board role, those based in SMEs or large organisations, in the private, third or public sector, based in the United Kingdom and internationally.
This course includes additional self-directed online resources for learning consolidation and revision available in the IoD Academy.