Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Managers from all departments, except from Accounting and Finance
About the course
The course will provide participants with the ability to interpret the key information contained in the annual financial statements.
By understanding financial statements, participants will be in a better position to identify the financial strengths and weaknesses within their own organisation and with other companies in which they may have an interest. Furthermore, participants will be introduced to the main principles of financial planning.
- The role of accounting and finance in the management process
- Assets, liabilities and equity
- Communicating financial performance
- Current vs. Fixed Assets
- Financial statements
- Capital Employed
- Measuring and reporting profitability
- Gearing and Liquidity
- Current vs. capital expenses
- Cash Flow Statements
- Depreciation rules
- Tracing changes in revenue, costs and income
- Steps of the Financial Planning Process
- Balance Sheets
- Forecasting sales and net income
- Variance Analysis and KPIs
- Break-Even Analysis and Cost-Optimisation
- External Financing
- Practical examples, cases and illustrations from local and international companies
- Understand the principles involved in preparing financial statements
- Understand the budgeting and reporting process
- Appreciate the limitations of financial statements
- Master practical tools of financial analysis
Benefits for you
- Learn the terminology of accounting & finance
- Interpret and utilise the information contained in financial statements
- Identify ways of increasing cash-flows
Benefits for your organisation
- Applying financial tools and concepts in the real world
- Evaluating the company’s health through its annual report
- Comparing public and private sector practices
- Recognizing potential traps in creative accounting
Dr. Stelios N. Markoulis studied finance at Cass Business School (BSc, MSc, PhD) and London School of Economics (MSc). He currently teaches in the area of finance – as a member of the visiting faculty – at University of Cyprus, Cyprus International Institute of Management and Cyprus Open Universi...