Who should attend
This course is designed for Federal contracting and technical personnel, as well as government contractors, subcontractors, and others, interested in obtaining a fundamental knowledge of the FAR.
About the course
Understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), the document that governs the Federal acquisition process, is critical to the success of Federal contracting personnel. You will learn to navigate the FAR, gain familiarity with the structure and content, and understand the FAR system and its underlying basis.
- Explain the origins of the FAR and its layout
- Describe its application to federal procurements
- Locate pertinent information
- Maintain a loose-leaf FAR
Introduction to the Federal Acquistion Regulations System
- History and Development of the FAR
- FAR System
Structure and Format of the FAR
Part-by-Part Tour of the FAR
- Subchapter A - General
- Subchapter B - Competition and Acquisition Planning
- Subchapter C - Contracting Methods and Contract Types
- Subchapter D - Socioeconomic Programs
- Subchapter E - General Contracting Requirements
- Subchapter F - Special Categories of Contracting
- Subchapter G - Contract Management
- Subchapter H - Clauses and Forms
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.