Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Overview
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Management Concepts.Full disclaimer.
Understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), the document that governs the Federal acquisition process, is critical to the success of Federal contracting personnel. You will learn to navigate the FAR, gain familiarity with the structure and content, and understand the FAR system and its underlying basis.
- Explain the origins of the FAR and its layout
- Describe its application to federal procurements
- Locate pertinent information
- Maintain a loose-leaf FAR
Introduction to the Federal Acquistion Regulations System
- History and Development of the FAR
- FAR System
Structure and Format of the FAR
Part-by-Part Tour of the FAR
- Subchapter A - General
- Subchapter B - Competition and Acquisition Planning
- Subchapter C - Contracting Methods and Contract Types
- Subchapter D - Socioeconomic Programs
- Subchapter E - General Contracting Requirements
- Subchapter F - Special Categories of Contracting
- Subchapter G - Contract Management
- Subchapter H - Clauses and Forms
Who should attend
This course is designed for Federal contracting and technical personnel, as well as government contractors, subcontractors, and others, interested in obtaining a fundamental knowledge of the FAR.