Who should attend
Fashion Illustration is ideal for creative individuals and aspiring illustrators who are looking to increase their current portfolio or who are looking to find expression through another medium. This course is also ideal for fashion designers who want to develop their sketching and illustrating skills.
About the course
On this fashion illustration online course you will work with a professional illustrator who will help you find your own visual language and unlock your creativity through drawing, from concept to completion.
Each week you will meet online for lively sessions with your tutor and a small group of like-minded students. You will learn new techniques, gain inspiration and practical insight from the work of great illustrators, practice your skills, and share your work for constructive discussion and feedback. You will be guided through a series of tutorials and practical assignments that will help you execute new designs, concepts and ideas.
You will work with a range of mediums including ink, markers, watercolours, crayons and pastels, collage, digital and mixed media, and will learn how to sketch and draw with greater confidence. You will learn how to illustrate the human body, and how to draw fashion garments and clothes.
By the end of the course you will have developed and refined your personal style of illustration and created a range of expressive pieces to add to your portfolio. You will have new skills that will make you a better illustrator, and which can be applied to the development of fashion designs more generally. And you will be able to take pride in being able to realise your visual ideas more accurately and with greater expertise.
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of;
- How to create your own personalised drawing style
- Incorporating structured composition into your designs
- Using multiple mediums to create artwork
- How to utilise traditional methods such as ink, watercolour and pastels
- Using your creativity to create original designs
- How to use your designs to build up your portfolio
- Using original concepts and themes
- Critiquing your work and others within the group
- Understanding the role of a Fashion Illustrator
- Developing your Fashion Illustration vocabulary
- Interpreting concepts and ideas
- How to develop your personal illustrating style
- Help with composition and design concepts
- Working with tone, line and negative space
- Using design for mixed media including digital and animation illustration
- Working with traditional mediums such as pastels and watercolour
- Exploring colour and using your personal colour palette
- The importance of keeping a sketchbook
- How to utilise collage
- How to use and control ink
- How to explore the next steps with Fashion Illustration
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Ana Stankovic-Fitzgerald has been teaching on a variety of drawing, illustration and creative visual communication courses on different programmes at London College of Fashion since 2003. Ana has pioneered the delivery of practical fashion drawing and illustration courses via an online medium at ...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.