About the course
Are you looking for a career in fashion business management? Perhaps becoming a buyer or merchandiser but not sure how to go about it? Then this course is a great place to start.
The course will answer those fashion questions you have been thinking about. Who decides what we are wearing next season? How do the products arrive in stores? Why are some retailers successful but others are not?
This is all down to the fashion buyers and merchandisers, the main drivers of any retail business or brand and very influential decision makers.
- What do buyers and merchandisers actually do in retailers and brands?
- How do they set the prices that they sell to the consumer?
- How do they calculate the price that they will buy from the supplier?
- How are they organised and how do they operate within the company organisation?
- How do they manage the create skills of the designers?
- How do they plan supplier lead times, and delivery schedules?
- How do they calculate how many garments they expect to sell?
- How do they calculate how many they intend to buy?
- How do they organise distribution to their shops?
- How do they sell on their website?
- How do they manage sales and stock during the selling season?
The course is a combination of discussions and practical tasks. At the end of the week you will have:
- Produced your own range plan of garments
- Created a sales forecast for it
- Created a buying plan and buying budget for it
- Bought it in a competitive game played against the tutor
- Allocated it to your stores, after the buying campaign is complete
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
A respected and highly successful premium and luxury Women’s and Men’s Retailer, currently Associate Lecturer at London College of Fashion. Career to date is a story of considerable commercial success, as seen in the transformation of the handbag department at a major department store from a prov...
Read more about General Management Programs
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.