Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The Masterclass is designed for senior consultants, coaches, and other advisors who work with family businesses in transition. Participants will be asked to complete a pre-registration questionnaire.
About the course
In the Family Business Advisor Masterclass, we introduce the essential theoretical foundations, skills and attitudes required to support business families in transition. The course is designed for senior coaches, consultants, mediators and advisers who wish to build their credibility, develop their practice, deepen their impact, and expand their network.
- Family business dynamics, values, leadership, governance, transmission and succession
- The diversity and complementarity of advisor roles
- The importance of Fair Process in business family transitions
- Through real cases, develop an understanding of the process, skills, attitudes and experience to bring to client engagements
- Practical communications, governance frameworks and tools
- A global approach, not specific to any particular jurisdiction
This is a virtual course delivered across 5 modules based on real cases and employing the practical facilitation and coaching methods and processes developed by Christine in her work with business families. There will also be some prework between Modules.
- Module 1: Family Business Foundations – Participant introduction, speed dating & code of conduct, introduction to advising business families, exploring the different advisor roles, founder to siblings case
- Module 2: Case work and governance - Preparatory case work, establishing a family council, family charter and board of directors, siblings to cousins case
- Module 3: Testimonial, the advising process and co-coaching exercise- Sourcing, contracting, running the mission, follow-up and supervision and co-coaching in triads
- Module 4: Your own case – Live cases: what are the issues at stake, what process, skills, attitudes and experiences do they require?
- Module 5: Consolidation – Bespoke content addressing your questions and conclusions
The Masterclass will run in French and English. Please indicate your preferred language upon registration.
Christine Blondel is Adjunct Professor of Family Business at INSEAD. She co-directs the Family Enterprise Challenge, INSEAD four-day educational programme for family businesses. She advises several business families, serves on boards of traded family-influenced companies and regularly speaks in c...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.