Who should attend
This program is designed for anyone directly engaged in facilitating meetings or other gatherings of people who need to work collectively to achieve results.
About the course
Lead effective meetings
This intensive one-day program will provide you with tools and skills for facilitating effective meetings. Enable dialogues that generate trust and effective action. Overcome challenging meeting situations. Develop an individual action plan for showcasing your talent as a facilitative leader.
Online program format
This program includes several facilitator-led online sessions in real time, with ample breaks provided. Sessions are highly interactive, with opportunities for you to network with peers, brainstorm ideas, engage in skill-building activities, and receive constructive feedback. You will also have time to work on your own individualized facilitation plan.
In addition, you will have access to self-directed resources (readings, videos, self-assessments etc.) that you can review at any time.
Benefits for you
- Feel confident in planning and facilitating meetings, both in person and online
- Build trust, participation and effective meeting outcomes
- Keep group discussions on a focused and productive track
- Foster a collaborative environment
- Increase accountability for ongoing results
- Create a personalized action plan for effective meeting facilitation
Pre-Program Video and Self-Assessment
- Assessing your facilitation needs
- Managing the amount of time you spend in meetings
- Linking facilitation with leadership: building trust through facilitation, examples of excellent and poor facilitation
- Common facilitation challenges: what are your top challenges, sharing ideas (exercise and discussion)
The Five-Step Model to Facilitation:
- Setting a positive climate: establishing ground rules, setting the facilitation environment, temperature checks, handling disagreements
- Listening to understand (exercise and discussion)
- Anchoring discussions with a meaningful purpose: facilitation planning, identifying your purpose, shared goals and decision-making process, staying focused and productive
- Keeping the conversation moving forward: calling out participants, creating a “parking lot,” managing time
- Involving everyone: mastering facilitation online, overcoming barriers to participation, creating team charters, building commitment and accountability, getting comfortable with being uncomfortable, leveraging the expertise in the room
- Applying the five-step model: facilitating a meeting with a focus on inclusivity (exercise and discussion)
- Building your individualized facilitation plan: what do you want to achieve, mindsets and competencies for effective facilitation, persuasion and influence, getting to the next level (exercise and discussion)
You will gain hands-on experience by engaging in targeted skill-building exercises, and receive feedback from the program leader.
Amy has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from the University of Liverpool and completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management at the University of West London. She was awarded a distinction for her MSc in International Human Resource Management from Kingston University. He...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.