Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Sauder School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Lead effective meetings
This intensive course will provide you with tools and skills for facilitating effective meetings. Enable dialogues that generate trust and effective action. Overcome challenging meeting stumbling blocks. Develop an individual action plan for showcasing your talent as a facilitative leader.
What you will learn
- Feel confident in planning and facilitating meetings
- Build trust, participation and effective meeting outcomes
- Keep group discussions on a focused and productive track
- Foster a collaborative environment
- Increase accountability for ongoing results
- Create a personalized action plan for effective meeting facilitation
You will gain hands-on experience by engaging in targeted skill-building exercises, and receive feedback from the course leader.
- The multifaceted nature of meetings today: in-person, online, virtual, video conferencing
- Refining your role in meetings to demonstrate your leadership talent
- Facilitation best practices: pre-meeting planning, clarifying your purpose, remaining on point, creating a team charter, overcoming barriers to participation and encouraging contributions, building trust and accountability, effective team decision making, playing devils advocate
- Overcoming meeting challenges: keeping time, staying on the agenda, online vs. in-person contexts, dealing with different personalities and points of view, managing politics and heated emotions
- Building your individualized facilitation plan
Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone directly engaged in facilitating meetings or gatherings of groups who need to work collectively to achieve results.
Trust the experts
Amy has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from the University of Liverpool and completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management at the University of West London. She was awarded a distinction for her MSc in International Human Resource Management from Kingston University. He...