Who should attend
This course is designed to be suited for professionals who use communications as a tool for engaging with customers, clients, and building relationships. For example, team leads, project managers, HR positions, sales managers, product owners, product developer and designers.
About the course
An intensive 1-day programme where participants will explore what it means to map current business models, design new models and to manage a portfolio of businesses
Develop an platform mindset
Most business people would be familiar with the Business Model Canvas (BCM) as a strategic tool to map current business models, design new models and to manage a portfolio of businesses.
With the meteoric rise of platform companies such as Amazon, Facebook, Ant Financial, Alibaba, and GoJek (among others), we now see how powerful platforms are created where consumers and producers do businesses seamlessly.
As such, the approach to utilising the BCM has to be made more robust and the question is now focussed on how organisations create can business opportunities by bringing together consumers and producers.
This course will help you to understand…
- Demystify what a platform business really is
- Raise a sense of wonder and curiosity around business modelling
- Set a common language among teams on the content
- How to explore toolkits / activities which will enhance the opportunity spotting skills
This course will give you the ability to…
- Create self-organizing cross-functional teams, working in short cycles and focused on meeting customers needs.
- Deliver value to customers as the be-all and end-all of the organization (start with your customer and their experience and then work backwards)
- Obliterate bureaucracy and top-down hierarchy so that your business operates as an interacting network of teams
- Plan for uncertainty (Remember: 60% of the requirements change in software projects)
- Use prototyping as a way of working
- Use tools such as Kanban, Scrum, Lean, Trello…
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.