Who should attend
- Wine enthusiasts
- Restaurateurs and hoteliers
- Wine distributors and retailers
- Professionals who entertain clients
- Aspiring hospitality professionals
- Anyone looking to increase their knowledge of wine
About the course
In this course, your United States wine journey will culminate with a wine tasting experience. You will select and compare wines from different areas of the United States, while exploring how the wine market is set up and how to choose the right foods for your wines. Then you will prepare for a casual, at-home wine tasting, analyzing how different people interpret different wines, how wines differ from each other, and comparing your expectations vs perceptions.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Select and compare wines from the United States
- Prepare for proper wine service for a casual, at-home setting
- Observe and analyze wine differences
Cheryl Stanley is a lecturer in food and beverage management at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration (SHA). She has been involved with food since the age of ten, when she started her own chocolate business, "Cheryl''s Chocolates." Following her interest in food, she attended SHA and graduat...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.