Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Weatherhead School of Management.Full disclaimer.
The instantly recognizable qualities of confidence, clarity and polish can make or break a career. In fact, being perceived as leadership material is essential to being promoted into leadership positions, according to a recent study by the Center for Talent Innovation, a non-profit research organization. Beyond hard work and effort, the 268 senior executives surveyed said “executive presence” accounts for 26% of what it takes to get the next promotion.
Fortunately, executive presence can be developed. This seminar presents a step-by-step process for enhancing executive presence based on principles that effective executives utilize. Building on the foundation of personality, identity and self-confidence, participants will develop the skills to project a winning, positive demeanor that gets noticed, acknowledged and rewarded. From the first impression to other high-impact professional interactions, participants will develop the skills and attitudes that enhance leadership presence on the job and at any business function. Group activities and assessments will guide each participant in the development of a personal action plan.
What is executive presence?
- Eight principles that make an executive effective
- Fostering the ability to project gravitas - confidence, poise under pressure and decisiveness
Your professional inventory
- Knowing yourself and how you are perceived by others
- Skills for success: what CEOs and executives look for
- Identifying your communication assets - listening, thinking, speaking on your feet, maintaining composure
- Finding your executive voice
Projecting your best self: Developing personal empowerment
- Positive first impressions, business introductions, pitfalls to avoid
- Leveraging non-verbal communication and body language
- Mingling and networking
- Effective listening and nonverbal communication
- Professional conversation techniques during face-to-face interactions
- Leading and modeling: the importance of attitude
The importance of relationships
- Utilizing the 4 keys to building relationships
Knowing your brand
- What others see
- Avoiding mistakes of social media
Thinking strategically about your career
- Identifying opportunities for career visibility
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Understand what makes up executive presence, how to develop it and project it
- Discover strategies for building confidence in handling business/social situations
- Know how to actively listen and connect with others
- Recognize the impact of non-verbal behavior
- Learn how leverage their brand and avoid pitfalls of social media
- Know how to project professional presence and confidence
- Identify the 4 keys to developing and sustaining powerful relationships
- Develop an action plan to improve their professional leadership presence
- Learn skills for successful career planning
Who should attend
Professionals aspiring to higher positions with increased visibility. Technical experts looking to enhance their interpersonal and social skills and people in or moving into external roles in their organizations.