This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Those wanting to be perceived as successors for key positions within the leadership ranks, must inhabit executive presence—a blend of competencies, temperament, and skills that project a truly authentic executive.
This 2-day program explores three foundational elements of executive presence that any aspiring business leader must master: engaging in effective executive dialogue, establishing a personal brand, and increasing social capital.
- Mastering the tools, techniques, and methods to engage other executives in a variety of contexts is critical to upward mobility and will enhance your credibility. This class will enhance your ability to present clear and compelling 1:1 executive briefs, discover techniques for engaging executive teams and create impactful presentations.
- You’ll build the foundation for increasing your leadership capital by exploring feedback from your individual Marcus Buckingham Standout Assessment report. From this solid base, you’ll then craft your personal brand value proposition, an essential element to differentiating and establishing yourself in business.
- Establishing a deliberate social network increases your access to information, influence, and visibility. A deliberate and conscious approach to your social network will give you access to those who are critical to your success. In Executive Presence, you will create a roadmap for expanding and maintaining your network to maximize your credibility and increase your power.
Participants in Executive Presence will return to the workplace with enhanced skills to increase their influence, manage their personal brand, and lead executive dialogues.
- Create a strategy to increase your social network
- Craft your personal brand statement
- Use techniques to maximize digital communication
- Develop a 1:1 executive summary
- Design an executive dialogue
- Storyboard a presentation
Who should attend
- Leaders who want to be more self-aware, effective, and successful
- Directors and above who aspire to executive positions
- Individuals who lead projects and programs which require executive engagement
Trust the experts
Mary Zellmer Bruhn
Mary ZellmerBruhn Professor Department of Work and Organizations Education BBA 1987 Marketing Univ. of Wisconsin MS 1993 Management Univ. of Wisconsin PhD 1999 Organizational Behavior Univ. of Wisconsin Expertise Team composition and performance The effects of context on team learning...
Stephen Glomb Senior Associate Director and Career Coach Carlson Graduate Business Career Center Education Ph.D. 2006 Educational Psychology (Emphasis: Counseling) University of Illinois at UrbanaChampaign M.A. 2003 Educational Psychology (Emphasis: Counseling) University of Illinois at Ur...
Amy S. Tolbert, Ph.D., CSP develops multicultural organizations and individuals by bringing you cutting-edge topics, such as, multicultural and diversity initiatives, sales education and training, leadership competency development, managing to style, and creating breakthrough teams. She is princi...