McCombs School of Business
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This class is designed for Texas Dental Association members.
About the course
This program is focused on helping dental care professionals build business knowledge and hone skills for more successfully managing their practices.
The Texas Dental Association Executive Management Program has been developed especially for TDA members by Texas Executive Education to build upon existing business skills, as well as develop new ones. The program will be delivered in four two-day classroom sessions over the course of four months. Conveniently offered on Friday/Saturday, the classroom sessions will take place at the new Rowling Hall on the campus of The University of Texas at Austin. Program sessions will be taught by professors from the McCombs School of Business, and focus on: Driving Business Performance through Marketing, Finance for Non-Financial Managers, Performance Management and Control and Leading High Performance Teams.
Texas Dental Association Executive Management Program
Four Two-Day Sessions
Classes will take place monthly on Friday/Saturday from 8:30am – 4:30pm.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Identify unmet customer needs and define your market
- Understand the balance between custom acquisition, retention and lifetime value
- Communicate financial goals and performance more effectively
- Evaluate the financial performance of your practice
- Determine how accounting concepts and financial strategies are integrated into decision-making processes
- Implement sophisticated working capital management techniques
- Implement a system of strategic and operational control including belief, boundary, diagnostics and interactive controls
- Design a balanced scorecard performance management system for your practice
- Develop new insights on what it takes to lead others successfully
- Recruit the right people for the right job
- Handle tough leadership issues, such as giving criticism
- Retain the best people
Dr. John Daly (Ph.D., Purdue University, 1977) is the Liddell Centennial Professor of Communication, University Distinguished Teaching Professor, TCB Professor of Management, and an Adjunct Professor of Pharmacy. He has published more than one hundred articles and chapters in scholarly publicatio...
Biography Dr. Kapil Jain is the Assistant Chair and a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Marketing at the McCombs School of Business. He teaches graduate courses in Marketing Management, and New Product Design and Marketing and an undergraduate course in E-tailing and Multi-channel Retailing. ...
Biography Professor Mackie has had 14 years in positions of increasing responsibility in marketing, new business development and management in major corporations, including over 11 years with The Pillsbury Company. Background includes marketing, market research, strategic and tactical planning, ...
Jim Nolen joined the Department of Finance in the McCombs School of Business at The University of Texas at Austin in 1980 and taught graduate and undergraduate classes in corporate finance and entrepreneurship until his retirement in May 2012. Professor Nolen returned to teaching part-time in the...
Biography Brian Lendecky, CPA, MPA Brian Lendecky is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Accounting at The University of Texas at Austin. He joined the department in 2006 and teaches Financial Accounting, Cost and Managerial Accounting, and the Tax Practicum course, the latter winning a 2008 ...