Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Managers looking to grow their leadership skills and make a bigger impact at work
- Executive leadership in organizations that are diverse, dynamic, and complex
- Leadership development professionals who are charged with talent management
- Leaders in charge of special initiatives or cross-functional projects that require expert collaborative organization across silos
About the course
What makes outstanding leaders successful? As work becomes increasingly collaborative, the best leaders are those who can effectively inspire and lead a diverse workforce. Managing teams that produce brilliant work takes skill, such as creating connections with others, setting a positive tone, being self-aware, and knowing how to collaborate and build strategic relationships and networks.
What Will You Learn?
Gain the tools, strategies, and confidence you need to take control of your leadership style and build a collaborative organization. During the executive leadership program, you will approach your personal leadership performance from multiple angles. In the process, benefit from self awareness training and assessments, and learn how to build stronger strategic relationships and more effective networks.
Session topics include:
- How to hone your self awareness skills and practice leadership development through mentoring
- Common stumbling blocks that inhibit self awareness and how they can be overcome
- Techniques for building a developmental workplace culture and high-quality relationships that foster true leadership in organizations
- How to influence without authority and effectively use your network to generate trust, purpose, and energy at work
- Assessments that reveal collaborative overload in your organizations, and action plans that can help you reclaim 18–24% of your time
What You Need to Know
This three-week online program includes:
Six (6) live online sessions; all session times are
Week 1: Leader Self-Awareness: Increase Impact and Performance
Week 2: Building High-Quality Work Relationships: Leading Through Mentoring and Coaching
Week 3: Successful Leadership in Collaborative Organizations
Two to three hours/week of coursework. Program materials include videos, presentations, case studies, articles, workbooks, self-assessments, and action plan.
Wendy Marcinkus Murphy, Ph.D. is an Associate Professor of Management at Babson College. She primarily teaches organizational behavior for undergraduates and managing talent in the graduate programs, as well as customized executive education. Currently, she is Co-Director of the Foundations of Ma...
Academic Division: ManagementScott Taylor is an Associate Professor of organizational behavior at Babson College, a research fellow with the Coaching Research Lab at Case Western Reserve University, and a core member of the Consortium for Research on Emotional Intelligence in Organizations (CREIO...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.