Who should attend
The program is recommended for financprofessionals who have a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience and who would like to sharpen their skills and gain deep knowledge of advanced concepts and applications of financial management in the context of present day organization and business environment.
About the course
Enhance your business’ financial performance India boasts of a diversified and robust financial sector undergoing rapid expansion. The sector comprises banks, insurance providers, non-banking financial organizations, co-operatives, mutual funds and other smaller financial entities. As per a report by India Brand Equity Foundation:
- The commercial banks accounting for more than 64 per cent of the total assets held by the financial system
- Total Assets Under Management (AUM) of the Mutual Funds industry stood at Rs 23.80 trillion (US$ 340.48 billion) between April 2018-February 2019.
- The total first-year premium of life insurance companies reached US$ 30.72 billion (Rs 214,673 crore) during FY19.
- The total amount of Initial Public Offerings (IPO) increased to US$ 1.2 billion raised from 37 between April – June 2018.
- India's mobile wallet industry is estimated to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 150 per cent to reach US$ 4.4 billion by 2022 while mobile wallet transactions to touch Rs 32 trillion (USD $ 492.6 billion) by 2022.
The course on Advanced Financial Management, from XLRI, has been specially designed for working professionals in the corporate finance domain who wish to gain an understanding of advanced concepts and techniques required to solve complex financial challenges of an organization. The course is structured to expose the participants to factors affecting financial performance, modes of capital management, risk minimization strategies and guiding principles on investment decisions.
The pedagogy will comprise lectures, case discussions, and analytical exercises imparted by XLRI’s experienced Finance faculty. Selected industry experts will also take guest lectures to provide practical insights to complex financial problems faced by organizations. Concepts will be explained using examples drawn from the real life.
The lectures themselves will be LIVE classes conducted on a virtual platform. Participants can receive the lectures real time via internet on their individual desktops or laptops. All participants will also be granted 24X7 access to Talentedge’s Cloud Campus ,SLIQ 2.0, comprising learning aids, study materials, reference materials, assessments, case studies, and assignments etc. as per the requirement of the course. Students can chat real time with the professors during the live class and also post all other course related queries offline on the Cloud Campus.
A minimum of 70% attendance to the LIVE lectures is a prerequisite for the successful completion of this course. There may be periodic evaluations built in through the duration of the course. These may be in the form of a quiz, assignment, project or other objective/subjective assessments as relevant and applicable to the course. The evaluations are designed to ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage learning. Participants who successfully complete the same along with the requisite attendance criteria will be awarded a certificate of completion by XLRI.
- Analysis of Financial Performance
- Risk and Return Analysis
- Financing Structure and Funding Choices
- Evaluating Capital Investment & Project Financing Decisions
- Risk Evaluation and Mitigation in Capital Investment Decisions
- Working Capital Management
- Corporate & Financial Restructuring
- Financial Budgeting – Process & Evaluation
- Responsibility Center Management & Transfer Pricing Decisions
- Corporate Finance Aspects for International Business
On payment of the full course fee and upon satisfying the requisite attendance and evaluation/certification criteria of the Executive Development Program in Advanced Financial Management, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion issued by XLRI.
Dr. Sangem has been associated with XLRI, Jamshedpur since 2009. He has been a faculty of finance at Indian and International campus as well. He has provided training to Indian corporates, to name a few, Accenture, Capgemini, L&T, Madura, NHPC, NTPC, and Viacom18. His areas of interest includ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.