Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- The Executive Certificate is open to those who hold the Certificate in Nonprofit Management and have 3 years of senior management experience.
- It is also open to persons not holding the Certificate in Nonprofit Management but who have 5 years of senior management experience.
- Prospective students must apply and be accepted before registering for the Program.
About the course
The Executive Certificate in Nonprofit Leadership is a comprehensive program that offers experienced nonprofit professionals the opportunity to increase their capacity for effective entrepreneurial leadership through applied theoretical studies, executive skills training, and reflective practices in an interactive learning environment. Through this innovative curriculum, participants will:
1) Develop a greater mastery of leadership skills and increase their confidence in applying these effectively in the nonprofit workplace
2) Gain an awareness of emerging trends in the nonprofit sector, including social entrepreneurship, earned income ventures, and the evolving legal landscape
3) Master reflective practices that enhance communications, foster understanding, and lead to results
4) Develop skills to regain balance, remaining centered in the face of complexity and chaos
5) Enhance their network through an expanded leadership cohort of peers drawn from across the country
6) Create a personal leadership plan to use their refined skills to take action on changes they wish to make in their organizations and communities
As result of their participation, graduates will be better able to:
- Forge high-performing teams driven to achieve the mission of the organization
- Foster within their organizations the proven practices of high impact nonprofits
- Adopt entrepreneurial competencies of opportunity orientation, innovation, resourcefulness, and adaptive persistence
- Lead strategic change within their organizations
- Work with other leaders across organizations, sectors, and stakeholder groups to capitalize on opportunities for synergy in addressing critical social issues
Graduates of the Executive Certificate program will return home equipped with the knowledge, skills, and inspiration to manage in fast-paced, resource-constrained, mission-driven environments that characterize today’s nonprofit sector.
Supported in part by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation, the program was created in direct response from senior nonprofit managers, board members, and many of the over 2,000 graduates of Duke University’s nationally acclaimed renowned Certificate in Nonprofit Management program. Composed of nationally known experts from Duke University and leading practitioners, our faculty provides interactive instruction, practical resources, and targeted feedback to enhance and expand participants’ skills in entrepreneurial nonprofit leadership.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.