Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Professionals from the engineering or advanced manufacturing fields with a few years of experience and who may hold people or project management responsibilities. They include, but are not limited to:
- Senior Engineers/Specialists
- Project Leaders
- Team Leaders/Managers
- Bachelor's degree from a recognised institution
- Professionals with relevant experience will also be considered
About the course
NTU, Singapore being home to one of the top engineering and business schools in the world truly understands the hard and soft skills needed by engineers to thrive in the age of digital disruption and transformation.
As engineers and other technical professionals progress in their careers, it is important for them to acquire essential business knowledge, people management and communication skills to complement their technical expertise.
Designed by distinguished faculty of Nanyang Business School, the Executive Certificate in Engineering Leadership is the most comprehensive leadership programme for technical professionals with SkillsFuture funding.
The programme with a focus on digital transformation aims to broaden the existing skillsets of high-potential engineers with cutting-edge skills in business management, innovation and leadership, so they can lead teams to achieve organisational goals.
Participants will acquire competencies in three main areas:
- Business Finance & Value
- Innovation Marketing
- Design Thinking for Market
- Technology & Business Model
- Leading in the Digital Age
- Leading Across Cultures
- Powering Self & Team's Performance
- Communicating with Impact
Why This Programme?
- Gain insights on the impact and challenges of digital transformation on business and leadership.
- Be equipped with practical skills and frameworks to develop capabilities to drive growth in the age of disruption
- Be challenged to think differently by leading NTU professors who have rich experience conducting executive training to leading organisations in the public and private sectors
- Guest lectures and sharing by senior industry leaders and thought leaders
- Special seminar on the latest trends and applications of 3D printing technology plus site visit
- Gain access to the prestigious network of NBS Alumni for valuable networking opportunities
- The only comprehensive executive leadership programme with SkillsFuture funding of 70-95%
Rogramme Structure & Learning Outcomes
Business Finance & Value Creation
- Interpret financial information to make strategic decisions
- Evaluate company's financial health
- Perform investment analysis
- Understand the fundamentals of how to market innovations effectively
- Identify gaps/opportunities in the market
- Strategic positioning and differentiation of innovations
- Develop go-to-market (GTM) strategies
Design Thinking for Market Success
- Cultivate innovative mindset and skills
- Identify user needs and derive market-centric solutions with design thinking principles
- Apply different design research techniques
Technology & Business Model Innovation
- Leverage trending technologies (e.g. blockchain, IoT) to reinvent business models
- Understand the process and challenges of business model innovation
Bonus seminar on the latest trends and applications of 3D printing technology and lab tour of Singapore Centre for 3D Printing
Leading in the Digital Age
- Understand the impact of Industry 4.0 on leadership and the associated challenges
- Develop leadership capabilities to drive growth in the digital age
Leading Across Cultures
- Develop Cultural Intelligence (CQ) to lead and work across cultures
- Acquire practical CQ tools
Powering Self & Team's Performance
- Discover your personality and leadership profile
- Leverage your strengths to improve your leadership style and influence team's performance
- Learn the essentials for building a high performance team
Communicating with Impact
- Craft effective messages to persuade and motivate
- Deliver impactful presentations to convince management and clients
- Develop strategies to manage difficult conversations
Dr Joo-Seng TAN is Associate Professor of Management at Nanyang Technological University’s Nanyang Business School in Singapore. He joined Nanyang Business School in 1994. He is one of the world’s leading practitioners on cultural intelligence as he was among the first to develop and conduct corp...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.