About the course
Every manager has the opportunity to be a great leader! Leadership is the quality necessary for managers who need to accomplish objectives with and through people. With survey responses from over 100,000 employees around the world, we’ll examine what managers in the Best-of-the-Best organizations do to lead and inspire their teams. In this interactive session, we will discuss and action plan in the areas of developing and communicating a vision, leading change, coaching and inspiring team members. The difference between the companies that will be the success stories of the future and those who will struggle in their shadows boils down to the leadership provided by the organization's management team. Simply put, your team members deserve great leadership.
Time Allocation - Topics
- 15% Leadership and power… where does the power come from?
- 15% Understanding the important role vision plays in leadership
- 15% Successfully navigating the white-waters of leading change
- 15% Coaching difficult team members
- 15% Determining the skill set needed to inspire, motivate, and lead today’s employees without using money
- 10% The role of confidence in effectively leading your team;
- 15% Developing detailed actions that will help you become an even more effective leader.
Primary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Adaptability, Confidence, Communication, Creativeness, Interpersonal Relations
Secondary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING: Decision Making, Use of Power and Authority, Evaluation
Tertiary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Analysis, Evaluating Alternative Solutions, Developing Specific Strategies and Plans, Obtaining Commitment from Counterpart
Peter Barron Stark, President of Peter Barron Stark Companies, is co-author of The Competent Leader and Engaged! How Leaders Build Organizations Where Employees Love to Come to Work. Peter is one of only a handful of speakers to hold the prestigious dual designation of Accredited Speaker from Toa...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.