Ethics in Action — Leading With Integrity
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Brookings Institution.Full disclaimer.
Gain greater self-awareness, tools for moral reasoning and a sound ethical framework for everyday decision making. During the course, you explore the meaning of integrity, values and beliefs and how these attributes affect behavior. Class discussions examine the call to public service and issues of the interest to the American people.
“The course helps leaders understand why good people do bad things. Students learn how to identify risky situations and environments. Critical-thinking frameworks provide personal and organizational processes for anticipating and resolving behavioral problems — helping individuals and organizations achieve their public-service missions.” – Lamar Pierce, Academic director and class instructor, Master of Science in Leadership
MSL Credit Hours: 1
- Drive ethical public sector decision making in your agency
- Increase your self-knowledge, which, in turn, increases your ability to engage honestly with others, build trust and promote collaboration
- Increase your appreciation of personal responsibilities within bureaucratic frameworks
Other courses you may want to consider
Effective government leadership centers on motivation. Managing employees is one thing. Inspiring them is an altogether different endeavor, but it produces greater results. Rediscover the ideals and values that give meaning to public service.
“Boy, what a great decision taking this class was. The instructor dissected and demystified motivation. I’ll use what I learned to inspire my employees.” – Class participant
OPM Competency: Public-service Motivation
MSL Credit Hours: 1
- Gain a better understanding of the science of motivational leadership and the nature of public-service motivation
- Articulate your personal calling and develop a strategy for advancing it
- Develop a strategic plan to increase the motivation of your direct reports