Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
If you are a business professional whose role requires coordinating activities and stakeholders, or you are doing a career transition towards project management, this programme is right for you.
About the course
Learn and apply basic elements of project management to your job to support project success.
To work together effectively on any project, everyone on the team needs to use a common language and have a clear understanding of all expectations.
Your immediate takeaway:
- Develop an understanding of essential project management terminology
- Apply basic project management (PM) tools and techniques to increase your effectiveness both on the team and in your own functional area.
This project management training course combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your project management skills. You will gain a wider perspective of managing projects through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will grow basic project management skills & competencies and be able to:
- Know the purpose and process of project management
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and needs of project team members
- Identify and apply critical project management tools
- Identify stakeholders, their relationships to each other and how these relationships affect projects
- Recognise stakeholder issues within the organization
- Identify and apply critical communication tools and protocols
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn with a diverse group of peers from different industries and countries in an international environment
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practise new skills using real-business-world examples and exercises over 2 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
The Essentials of Project Management for the Non-Project Manager is a 2-day hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former management experience in international companies.
Essentials of Project Management for the Non-Project Manager Course Outline:
- Getting Your Hands Around Project Management
- Distinguish Between a Project and Operations
- Recognise the Factors That Contribute to Project Success or Failure
- Identify the Framework for Project Management
- Getting It Off the Ground
- Recognise the Value of Knowing Why/How a Project Is Important to the Organization and to You
- Explain the Elements of a Charter and Its Relevance to Initiating a Project
- Identify Stakeholders and Their Roles on a Project
- Planning the Work
- Apply Techniques to Define the Work to Be Done
- Identify and Apply Techniques to Estimate Needed Resources, Cost, and Hours for the Project
- Apply Techniques to Schedule the Project
- Identify Roles and Responsibilities for the Project
- Plan for Potential Risks to the Project
- Working the Plan
- Build an Effective Status Report
- Recognise the Types and Purposes of Meetings
- Identify Action Items and Issues
- Recognise the Importance of Managing Change
- Putting It to Bed
- Contribute to the Lessons Learned Database
- Identify the Project Records and Files That Must Be Archived for Historical Purposes
- Describe a Project Closure Checklist
- Compare Closing Out Successful Versus Unsuccessful or Canceled Projects
Michael Heuser brings to MCE twenty years of senior executive experience in the Airline industry and the ICT sector. He is recognised a leading expert in HR Business Partner Concepts, Corporate Academies / Universities as well as in the design and implementation of career systems for management, ...
During 2 decades, due to her culture based on strategic thinking, understanding of customer needs, innovation, team building (used to manage multicultural and international teams) and hard work to achieve results, Monica has been commissioned by national and international companies to analyze the...
Videos and materials
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.