Who should attend
Senior managers and key employees who manage or lead others.
About the course
Negotiation skills are the foundation of a successful career, and are also vital for everyday life. Without these skills, even experienced negotiators often fail to reach their goals, or continually settle for less-than optimal outcomes (without even realizing it).
This experiential workshop will help you build an effective foundation for successful negotiations, teaching you how and when to use this key communication and influence tool. You will learn how to prepare for negotiations, and how to ask for and get more of what you want using a variety of influence techniques. You will also apply those newly acquired skills in a series of increasingly complex business negotiations.
Whether you have decades of work and negotiation experience or are in the early years of your career, this program will help you achieve your business and personal goals through advanced tactics.
Impact & Benefits:
- Develop your ability to negotiate beneficial economic and relational outcomes in a variety of business settings through:
- Preparing effectively for negotiations
- Recognizing and leveraging your negotiation strengths, while learning how to overcome weaknesses
- Communicating persuasively in the face of resistance
- Knowing whether you have reached a good outcome in a negotiation
- Identifying opportunities for “win-win” solutions
- Building and strengthening vital business relationships
Liuba Belkin's primary research interests focus on affect and emotions in organizational settings and the role of emotions in negotiations, trust relationships and managerial practices. She also studies influence of electronic communication media on employee relationships, decision-making and per...
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.