Who should attend
This online course is designed for experienced managers and business leaders who need the leadership skills in managing change across functions in a global context.
About the course
Essentials of Leading Change is a cost-effective and flexible study module aimed at developing skills for leading and implementing strategic change in projects in a global context.
Change management has become the backbone of general management and the essence of what makes great leaders succeed. The Essentials of Leading Change course focuses on a systems-level perspective of change and shifts between structural, cultural, and individual levels.
The course aims to explore how individuals behave when confronted with change, and to understand how to influence these behaviors in the best way and to see the change in all its different shapes and sizes.
By participating in this online course, you will learn about the key issues that experts and management need to understand, and the differences between change and transition and what it takes to maintain a balance between these from a leadership perspective.
During the course, you will be able to
- gain insight into the key phenomena of change and resistance to change
- learn to apply practical tools and frameworks for planning and preparing for change and for implementing it in a sustainable way
- identify ingredients and insights for building changeability
- acquire new tools and perspectives for leading yourself, others, and organizations through change.
The program provides a cost-effective and flexible way of developing strategic skills for leading and implementing strategic change projects.
- Gain an understanding of different approaches and change processes.
- Strengthen your ability to adopt new methods to deal with change.
- Receive tools to lead people through difficult changes in a constructive way by learning to manage perceptions and outcomes related to change.
Dr. Pekka Mattila serves as a Professor of Practice at the Aalto University School of Business. He works frequently with both European and Asian executive audiences on themes of strategic management and agility, strategy co-creation, business model innovation, executive leadership, top team dynam...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.