About the course
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum provided in the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course is designed as a thorough introduction to HR basics, providing a solid foundation in human resources concepts. It is an effective training program across multiple job responsibilities and career paths. Developed by global subject matter experts, the course covers introductory HR topics in a format to help adult learners retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining learning materials with SHRM certified instructors and peer discussion. The primary focus of this course is to provide participants with a broad overview of the human resource functions.
The course is specifically designed for the following individuals:
- Entry-level human resource professionals
- Supervisors and line managers who have the responsibility for interviewing and training employees
- Individuals seeking a career in human resources
- Employees with management responsibilities
- Staffing specialists
- Benefits coordinators
- HR administrators
- Payroll assistants However, individuals considering a career in Human Resources will also benefit from this overview course.
Curriculum & Course Details
SHRM educational products are developed according to the highest quality standards. HR professionals and subject matter experts review each product to ensure accurate, real-life applications. In addition, SHRM programs are “living documents”-improvements and revisions are included in each reprint to incorporate the latest changes in HR practices and legislation.
By covering a breadth of practical HR topics, the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course provides the knowledge to perform daily tasks. Through this course, you will also:
- Review key pieces of federal legislation on sexual harassment, age discrimination, and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Gain insights into employee recruitment and selection while avoiding legal pitfalls
- Enhance your skills related to total compensation systems, pay increases and incentives, and employee benefits.
- Increase your knowledge of employee orientation, onboarding, professional development, and training.
Suzy Nisbet is a Human Resources Management Consultant with over 25 years of robust experience as a consultant, facilitator, and practitioner. She es expert advice and guidance to companies in the private sector, including manufacturing, technology, life sciences, healthcare, and services. Suzy a...
In a role as HR Business Partner, Sandy has successfully consulted on numerous projects with a variety of companies. Recent projects have included HR audits, benefit analysis, performance management, HR policy and employee handbook development, training design and facilitation, talent acquisition...
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.