Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This course is for managers with limited/no accounting background who want to increase their understanding of financial terminology and accounting reports.
About the course
Interpret, analyse and evaluate key financials to make better business decisions
Knowing how to interpret, analyse and evaluate key financials is a critical skill at all levels of an organisation, but accounting and finance, with its own particular language, can seem like a whole different world. This course is designed for anyone who wants to understand accounting reports to make more informed business decisions and communicate with the finance team with confidence.
Master interpreting income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements to understand and speak the language of accounting and finance.
Understand Financial Concepts and Terms
- Interpret the content of key financial statements
- Understand accrual accounting
- Become more familiar with accounting terminology
- Understand return on asset and other key ratios
Interpret Financial Data
- Analyse and interpret income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Calculate and interpret key financial ratios
- Evaluate the financial performance of your organisation or business unit
Make Stronger Commercial Decisions
- Prepare operating budgets for planning purposes
- Recognise financial warning signs
- Use accounting data to make decisions
- Make more informed investment decisions
- Use the balanced scorecard to manage strategic performance
This course is designed to be highly interactive, involving extensive group discussion, activities and case studies.
Ken Trotman is a Scientia Professor and was Head of the School of Accounting from 1991 to February 2000. He has held visiting appointments at a range of overseas institutions including Cornell University, the University of Michigan and the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. His main curr...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.