Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Essentials of Commercial Contract Management is designed for contract administrators in the public sector who would like to strengthen their negotiation, process and practical skills to secure the best possible results for their organization.
About the course
The Essentials of Commercial Contract Management course deals with some of the most integral contract management topics taught by industry experts. Topics covered include applying Agile methodology to contract management processes, basic elements and formation, as well as contract performance, dispute resolution and intellectual property. The course also examines in detail the Uniform Commercial Code as it relates to basic contract law to help students who engage in commercial transactions understand its applicability. This online course gives you the tools to understand the entire procurement process – from contract definitions and source selection to contract management and administration.
What You’ll Study
- Agile Methodology
- Commercial Transactions
- Commercial Forms
- Employer Agreements
- Contract Remedies
- Performance and Scope
- Short/Long Term Risks
Principal and Agency
- Creation and Terminology
- Rights, Duties and Remedies
- Agents and Relationships
- Employer and Employee
- Real Property
- Personal Property
- Commercial Paper
- Intellectual Property
- Resolution of Disputes, Part 1, 2 & 3
Miscellaneous Legal Topics
- Export Control
- Business Ethics
8 Week Course
Week 1: Introduction to UCC and Article 1
- Describe the foundations of law and the history of the court system
- Identify key terms related to UCC
- Explain how the UCC functions
- Describe the content of Article 1 of the UCC
Week 2: Transactions of Goods
- Explain the offer process and what qualified as the terms of the offer
- Describe the requirements of acceptance
- Explain the formation of a contract and Good Faith Purchasers
- Define the role of Performance, Breach, and Remedies
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.