Who should attend
This certificate is aimed at non-business-administration specialists in lower and middle echelon management who want to acquaint themselves with business subjects.
About the course
Understanding interrelationships in business management is the foundation of every successful manager today. As non-economist this program will equip you with the necessary tools in the areas of Strategy, Finance and Leadership to take confident and professional action in matters requiring business management skills and to position yourself in the long term as competent leader.
- Shape future-proof competitive strategies to position yourself and survive in contested markets.
- Initiate change processes and be capable of advancing them and bringing them to a professional conclusion.
- Know the fundamentals of double-entry accounting and analyze past events.
- Plan the financial future making use of key figures and prepare capital budgets.
- Develop your own specific management style and lead your team securely and confidently even in difficult circumstances.
Overall, this Executive Education program lasts 6-9 months, depending on the entry point, and includes:
- E-learning with e-mentoring as a preparation for the on-campus modules "Building Sustainable strategies" and "Driving Financial Performance".
- 4 on-campus modules in St. Gallen
Self-Management and Resilience
- Self-Management: Living and accomplishing self-determined, creating good relationships, being effective and experiencing self-efficacy
- A worthy image of man: Recognize and live your own potential, internalize strong and sustainably sound dogma and anchor yourself in your own strength and peace.
- Development of inner strength and success: Create attitude and being meaningfully, raise self-confidence, recognize price tags of your own values and apply the 7-step process model to practice
Building Sustainable Strategies
- Strategies for business units – develop competitive strategies and tactics for contested industries
- Implementing strategies – initiate, follow and conclude change processes
- Building innovative business models – improve value creation and develop the business mode
Driving Financial Performance
- Understanding balance sheets and asking the pertinent questions – interpret key figures correctly and recognize risks early on
- Tools of financial management – utilize the business plan as tool to successfully shape the future
- Financial performance indicators – analyze and assess the success of strategic decisions
Leading with Energy and Focus
- Develop your own management style – manage yourself and your team confidently and persuasively
- Effective and inspiring leadership – develop and communicate a common vision
- Change management – overcome resistance and motivate your employees to stand behind a common goal
Thorsten Truijens Dr. oec. HSG, MBA Director of the Center for Financial Management After studying in Germany, the US and in Switzerland, Thorsten Truijens started his career in the controlling department of a multinational automotive company before working for a consulting firm. As director of ...
Chaired Professor for Strategic Management, Director, Institute of Management of St. Gallen University Dr. Tomi Laamanen specializes in strategic management, mergers & acquisitions and strategic processes. He is a Chaired Professor for Strategic Management and Director at the Institute of M...
Heike Bruch is a Professor and Director of the Institute for Leadership and Human Resources Management of the University of St. Gallen (Switzerland) since 2001. Professor Bruch is also Academic Director for the International Study Program (ISP) at the University of St. Gallen, member of the McKin...
Mag. Dipl. Ing. Michaela Platter, lecturer at HSG and Management Center Innsbruck, expert in management development with long-standing experience in marketing and sales. Lecturer at the Institute of Management & Strategy (IoMS-HSG) and the Management Center Innsbruck. She is a graduate in a...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about General Management Programs
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.