Essentials in General Management CAS HSG
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Executive School of Management, Technology and Law.Full disclaimer.
Understanding interrelationships in business management is the foundation of every successful manager today. As non-economist this program will equip you with the necessary tools in the areas of Strategy, Finance and Leadership to take confident and professional action in matters requiring business management skills and to position yourself in the long term as competent leader.
- Shape future-proof competitive strategies to position yourself and survive in contested markets.
- Initiate change processes and be capable of advancing them and bringing them to a professional conclusion.
- Know the fundamentals of double-entry accounting and analyze past events.
- Plan the financial future making use of key figures and prepare capital budgets.
- Develop your own specific management style and lead your team securely and confidently even in difficult circumstances.
Overall, this Executive Education program lasts 6-9 months, depending on the entry point, and includes:
- E-learning with e-mentoring as a preparation for the on-campus modules "Building Sustainable strategies" and "Driving Financial Performance".
- 4 on-campus modules in St. Gallen
Content & Faculty
Driving Financial Performance
- Understanding balance sheets and asking the pertinent questions – interpret key figures correctly and recognize risks early on
- Tools of financial management – utilize the business plan as tool to successfully shape the future
- Financial performance indicators – analyze and assess the success of strategic decisions
Leading with Energy and Focus
- Develop your own management style – manage yourself and your team confidently and persuasively
- Effective and inspiring leadership – develop and communicate a common vision
- Change management – overcome resistance and motivate your employees to stand behind a common goal
Building Sustainable Strategies
- Strategies for business units – develop competitive strategies and tactics for contested industries
- Implementing strategies – initiate, follow and conclude change processes
- Building innovative business models – improve value creation and develop the business model
Who should attend
This certificate is aimed at non-business-administration specialists in lower and middle echelon management who want to acquaint themselves with business subjects.