Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This masterclass is ideal for C-Suite and senior leadership teams, operations leaders, supply chain leaders, material managers and planners, master production schedulers, distribution and logistics leaders, sales and marketing leaders, cost accounting and forecasting professionals, demand planners, procurement managers, ERP technologists, systems integration and configuration teams, supply chain analysts, and S&OP leaders and teams.
About the course
Caltech's Essentials for Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) is the singular masterclass that business planning professionals will ever need. You will be prepared to drive your S&OP function to new levels of excellence through this intensive 24-hour live+online learning experience.
This is not your typical S&OP training program, and it is not for the casual learner. It is an intense challenge. Designed from the outset to change peoples' and companies' lives, you will investigate how to organize and execute S&OP effectively. You will explore bold, provocative questioning of best-practices while looking for new paradigms.
If you need to be the best S&OP professional possible, be prepared to jump-in, roll your sleeves up, and get to work in this uniquely rigorous learning experience. Ready to level-up?
- Acquire critical S&OP insights and foundations through engaging video lessons.
- Supplement your knowledge with live, relevant web-based lessons from industry experts.
- Simulate real-world conditions and uncertainties, accelerating your ability to address complex demand management, target inventory management, and challenges to master production scheduling.
- Build necessary competencies for you to be a performance-altering S&OP professional who can ambidextrously manage the technical, organizational, cultural, and behavioral factors for success.
- Reach beyond "acceptable" and demonstrate "excellence" across the S&OP discipline, mastering the basics and learning the models to help you solve future unexpected supply and demand problems.
- Get ongoing, tangible feedback through quizzes, exams, case studies, and simulations that prepare you for the rigors and demands of modern S&OP.
This valuable 24-hour hybrid e-learning workshop has been specifically designed to provide direction for executing the major components of a coordinated S&OP process. You will learn and experience (through computer simulations) the key "mechanics" of S&OP as well as how you can successfully implement the techniques within your specific organizations. Using lecture, illustrative case studies, simulations, exercises, and participant debates, this workshop will address the most essential aspects of S&OP, including process, organization, and technical execution that you can apply immediately.
- Organize an S&OP function
- Improve unit forecast accuracy
- Build a data-deck for forecasting
- Calculate optimal target inventory levels
- Master production scheduling for make-to-stock, make-to-order, and option-oriented environments
- Build and use an S&OP Mission Control center
Alan G. Dunn is a management expert whose clientele has included some of the world’s most recognizable brands, Fortune 100 companies across a variety of business sectors, and departments of the U.S. government. With 40 years of experience, he has established a reputation as a leader in his field,...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.