Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is recommended for people managers, particularly those who are newly assigned to a management role or a more complex management situation. The programme is also suitable for aspiring people managers and anyone looking to develop their experience and capability further.
About the course
The art of management is too important to trust to luck. If you want to build the skills to get your team performing at their best, realising their full potential, and adding maximum value to your organisation, this is a great place to start. The programme explores the managers role in more detail, addressing the importance of communication. Motivation and feedback are considered to be central to Performance Management. From a developmental perspective learning and coaching helps to define both performance and development needs.
- Define the role of the manager and team dynamics
- Apply the relevant skills and attitude to manage effectively
- Develop your communication and delegation style
- Focus on appropriate management interventions
- Describe performance management approaches
- Develop feedback practices to motivate your team
- Identify the stages of performance management
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) content to support the Virtual Learning Classroom sessions
- VLC encourages reflective practice
- VLC sets up action planning across the programme
- Aligned to the CIPDs overall Leadership and Management portfolio
This programme consists of six webinars (2-hour sessions) supported by digital resources:
*Module 1 - Understanding and Managing People *
1) Roles - the role of the manager, team dynamics and how to manage skills and attitude.
2) Communication – push and pull delegation, responsive/assertive communication styles, versatility and focusing on others and appropriate management interventions.
*Module 2 - Managing Performance *
3) Motivation - introducing performance management, motivating your team, giving feedback and performance management stages.
4) Tools - applying performance management models/tools, relating performance to culture, positive psychology/strengths-based approach and managing performance in times of change.
*Module 3 - Developing People *
5) Learning - defining learning and development needs, helping people to learn and develop and recognising the breadth of learning and development options.
6) Coaching - developing your team through coaching and defining performance/development needs. Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) sessions:
Session 1 - Roles
- What kind of manager am I?
- Becoming a leader
Session 2 - Communication
- Management theories
- The benefits of delegating
Session 3 - Motivation
- What is performance management?
- What motivates us?
- Why is feedback important?
- Performance management
Session 4 - Tools
- Believe in yourself as a manager
Session 5 - Learning
- How do you develop your team?
- Developing your team
Session 6 - Coaching
- Setting performance objectives
- Week 1 – sessions 1, 2, 3, 4 on the same day
- Week 2 – sessions 5, 6, 7, 8 on the same day
- Week 3 – sessions 9, 10, 11 and 12 on the same day
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.