Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Professionals from all sectors and backgrounds, who wish to:
- Make a positive contribution to some of the world's most pressing environmental challenges
- Easily navigate the complexities of environmental governance at the international level
- Learn how to manage multi-stakeholders settings
About the course
Navigate environmental governance and influence the policy outcome
Do you want to bring environment in the broader context of global governance? Make a positive impact and contribute to solving some of today’s environmental challenges!
- Understand current and future dynamics of the environmental debate (stakeholders, regulatory framework, science, nexus and trends, hot topics on the global agenda)
- Acquire a 360° view on leading-edge environmental issues
- Develop your skills to include environment in your organisation’s strategy and formulate proactive responses to environmental challenges (eg.: partnership building, negotiations, strategic foresight, system thinking, advocacy)
- Build a network of environmental governance practitioners
MODULES 1 & 2
Global Environmental Governance, Food, Climate Change, Water, Energy, Human Rights - Certificate & Master
- Examine key structures, stakeholders, and regulatory frameworks for each area
- Dive into the multidimensional approach looking into the science-policy interface
- Discover multiple views on environmental governance by academics, policy-makers, diplomats, and private sector actors
SPOKEN LANGUAGES English, French, Italian, Spanish AREAS OF EXPERTISE Climate, climate change, natural disasters Dispute settlement Energy Environment, environmental policies, law, and economics Finance, financial markets, international investment Natural resources, extractive economies, comm...
Jun Takazawa holds a PhD in International Relations and Political Science from the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID), and a Master in Comparative Ethnic Conflicts from Queen’s University Belfast in Northern Ireland. Jun has been managing and advising executive ed...
AREAS OF EXPERTISE Emerging countries European Union Finance, financial markets, international investment Foreign policies Globalisation Multilateral diplomacy and international negotiation Regional integration Trade policies and law - WTO GEOGRAPHICAL REGION OF EXPERTISE North America West...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.