Who should attend
Senior executives and mid-career leaders from all sectors and backgrounds who want to
- Make a positive contribution to some of the world's most pressing environmental challenges and leading-edge international debates
- Reinvent their professional path and make a tangible impact
- Easily navigate the complexities of environmental governance and manage multi-stakeholder settings
- Join the Graduate Institute network of 18'000 alumni, and 110 nationalities from all 5 continents for ExecEd only
About the course
Navigate environmental governance and influence the policy outcome
Broaden your horizons
Global Environmental Governance | Food | Water | Climate Change | Energy
Acquire a 360° view on leading-edge environmental debates and develop your capacity to navigate institutional settings, manage stakeholders and influence agendas.
- Circular economy model
- Alternative views on food systems
- Decision making under risk and uncertainty
- New adaptive service models for the energy sector
- Trends and transformation in the workplace
- Impact finance & SDG Investing
- Science and policy mismatch in synthetic biology
- Stranded fossil fuel assets and the carbon bubble
Enhance your skills
lSystems Thinking - Understand decision-making processes and imagine partnerships for agile and resilient systems * Foresight - Develop an adaptive mind-set fostering innovative solutions * Advocacy - Conceptualise impact driven advocacy campaigns * Influence - Draft convincing, evidence-based policy papers * Multidimensional Negotiation - Identify, practice and grow your potential as a negotiator
- Anticipate profound changes at work and beyond
- Acquire the tools and develop the right mind-set to build your adaptive leadership style
- Join a cohort of outstanding individuals engaged in the future of environmental governance
- Make your certificate even more impactful by choosing the final assignment best adapted to your professional needs (policy or advocacy)
SESSIONS 1 & 2
Global Environmental Governance, Food & Water, Climate Change & Energy
- Elevate your view on key structures, stakeholders, and regulatory frameworks for each area
- Explore trends and hot topics (80% of the programme renewed each year with our “in-focus” sessions)
- Study systems approach looking at the Food - Water - Climate change - Energy nexus
- Acquire leadership skills in system thinking, strategic foresight, advocacy, multi dimension negotiation and influence
- Dive into the multidimensional approach looking into the science-policy interface
- Discover multiple views offered by academia, policy- makers, diplomats and experts
- Adaptive leadership tools & skills: develop a vision, influence, and build the partnerships of the future
Valérie D’Hoedt Meyer is Director of Academic Development for the Executive Education of the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies. She is in charge with the development of innovative programmes and pedagogical tools, as well as the building of academic partnerships for Exe...
SPOKEN LANGUAGES English, French, Italian, Spanish AREAS OF EXPERTISE Climate, climate change, natural disasters Dispute settlement Energy Environment, environmental policies, law, and economics Finance, financial markets, international investment Natural resources, extractive economies, comm...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.