Who should attend
SME Founders, CEOs, and Growth Leaders:
- With desire and ambition for growth
- With track record of revenue and growth opportunity
SMEs are encouraged to develop the SME growth team by enrolling its founder/CEO and 1 additional leader
About the course
Designed by CEOs and Academia for CEOs and Growth Leaders, the NUS Enterprise Leadership for Transformation (ELT) series combines classroom learning with ‘doing’, right from the start. The ELT comprises three integrated streams, weaving together learning that is relevant to SME’s growth learning needs, guided mentoring at every juncture to support the development of viable business growth plans, and peer learning from community events and market immersion in the region.
NUS Business School, supported by Enterprise Singapore and SkillsFuture Singapore and in collaboration with LinHart Group, has paired some of the best academics and educators with a deep bench of leader advisors, mentors, practitioners who come with a plethora of industry and domain experiences in growing companies across multiple geographies. SME CEOs and Growth Leaders participating in these programmes will have the opportunity to learn from best practices, leverage their strengths, and build on growth ambitions.
Participants who commit to NUS ELT journey will be applying the key concepts learnt to their businesses immediately in an iterative process with the guidance of expert advisors, constantly revisiting their business growth plans at calculated intervals – emerging with a viable business growth strategy to elevate their enterprise to the next level.
- A viable business growth plan that can be executed in the near term
- Practical learning, adopting a LEARN-APPLY-FEEDBACK approach
- Guided mentoring at group and individual levels by senior advisors
- Peer-learning and cross-collaboration between businesses
- Continuous networking, with up to 10 community and alumni events
- Up to 2 in-market events for exploring international growth opportunities
Growth Learning Journey
- Readiness Assessment
- Workshop to initiate the Growth Learning Journey
- Business Strategy and Strategic Execution
- Developing / Clarifying our BIZ Strategy
- Different strategies for growth
- Aligning / Executing our Strategy at Speed
- Digitalizing & Transforming the Business
- People and Processes over Technology
- Leapfrogging at speed
- Leading Change
- Vision, Mission, and Values
- Aligning key stakeholders
- Personal leadership effectiveness
- Shared leadership
- Generational transitions
- Financing for Growth
- Challenging the finances (building a financial dashboard)
- Financing the challenges (looking at organic growth)
- Paying for synergy (embarking on inorganic growth)
- Growing Internationally
- Regional & Global mindset & ambition
- Finding & managing international talent
- Risk Assessment & Mitigation
- Build vs. buy vs. partner
- Leveraging Ecosystems
- Innovation to Drive Growth
- Technological and Business Model Innovation
- Lean Innovation
- Building an Innovative Organization
- People to Power Growth
- Attracting, Recruiting, Building a growth team
- Retaining, Developing & Training our own
- Motivating for performance and growth
- Building new capabilities
- Culture & organizational development
- Up to 10 Community / Networking / Immersion events
- Within 12 months programme duration
- Up to 8 events in Singapore
- Up to 2 in-market immersion visits
- Cross-cohort (optional for alumni)
- Guest / Industry / Growth Ecosystem engagement
Andrew Delios is a Professor in the Department of Strategy & Policy, NUS Business School, National University of Singapore. He completed his PhD in 1998 at the Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario. He became a Fellow of the Academy of International Business in 2013. ...
Education Qualifications Ph.D (Regional Planning), Regional Planning, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 1979 E. Eng., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 1976 SM (CS & EE), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 1975 SB (E.E.), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, US...
Joo Yong is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Management & Organisation at NUS Business School. He specialises in human resource management, leadership development, career management and talent management. Besides teaching undergraduates, he also teaches various leadership and executive ...
Education Qualifications MBA, Harvard Business School, Harvard University, USA, 1980 Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, Canada, 1974 Research Interest Large-scale Change In Governance Processes And Culture Leader Development Ceo Mandate Leadership Transition A...
Education Qualifications Doctorate, Business Administration, University of Newcastle, 2006 Masters, Management Sciences and Engineering, Stanford University, USA, 1987 Bachelor (top class honours), Industrial Engineering and Operations Researc, University of California, Berkeley, USA, 1983 Rese...
Research Interest Investments
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.