Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- SME Founders, CEOs, and Growth Leaders:
- With desire and ambition for growth
- With track record of revenue and growth opportunity
- SMEs are encouraged to develop the SME growth team by enrolling its founder/CEO and 1 additional leader
About the course
Enterprise Leadership for Transformation (ELT) programme by NUS Business School, in partnership with Enterprise Singapore, supported by HSBC, helps leaders develop business growth plans that will take their enterprises to the next level.
Designed by CEOs and Academia for CEOs and Growth Leaders, the ELT by NUS series combines classroom learning with ‘doing’, right from the start. The programme comprises three integrated streams, weaving together learning that is relevant to SME’s growth learning needs, guided mentoring at every juncture to support the development of viable business growth plans, and peer learning from community events and market immersion in the region.
SME CEOs and Growth Leaders participating in these programmes will have the opportunity to learn from best practices, leverage their strengths, and build on growth ambitions.
Participants who commit to ELT by NUS journey will be applying the key concepts learnt to their businesses immediately in an iterative process with the guidance of expert advisors, constantly revisiting their business growth plans at calculated intervals – emerging with a viable business growth strategy to elevate their enterprise to the next level.
- A viable business growth plan that can be executed in the near term
- Practical learning, adopting a LEARN-APPLY-FEEDBACK approach
- Guided mentoring at group and individual levels by senior advisors
- Peer-learning and cross-collaboration between businesses
- Continuous networking, with up to 10 community and alumni events
- Up to 2 in-market events for exploring international growth opportunities
Growth Learning Journey
- Readiness Assessment
- Workshop to initiate the Growth Learning Journey
Business Strategy and Strategic Execution
- Developing / Clarifying our BIZ Strategy
- Different strategies for growth
- Aligning / Executing our Strategy at Speed
Digitalizing & Transforming the Business
- People and Processes over Technology
- Leapfrogging at speed
- Leading Change
- Vision, Mission, and Values
- Aligning key stakeholders
- Personal leadership effectiveness
- Shared leadership
- Generational transitions
Financing for Growth
- Challenging the finances (building a financial dashboard)
- Financing the challenges (looking at organic growth)
- Paying for synergy (embarking on inorganic growth)
- Regional & Global mindset & ambition
- Finding & managing international talent
- Risk Assessment & Mitigation
- Build vs. buy vs. partner
- Leveraging Ecosystems
Innovation to Drive Growth
- Technological and Business Model Innovation
- Lean Innovation
- Building an Innovative Organization
People to Power Growth
- Attracting, Recruiting, Building a growth team
- Retaining, Developing & Training our own
- Motivating for performance and growth
- Building new capabilities
- Culture & organizational development
Up to 10 Community / Networking / Immersion events
- Within 12 months programme duration
- Up to 8 events in Singapore
- Up to 2 in-market immersion visits
- Cross-cohort (optional for alumni)
- Guest / Industry / Growth Ecosystem engagement
KPMG Professor of Management Studies PhD (University of Southampton) Research interests Leadership effectiveness, trust building, maintenance and repair, organisational justice, executive pay and bonuses, behavioural economics and decision-making, behavioural ethics, creativity and innovation,...
Andrew Delios is a Professor in the Department of Strategy & Policy, NUS Business School, National University of Singapore. He completed his PhD in 1998 at the Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario. He became a Fellow of the Academy of International Business in 2013. ...
Professor Keppo teaches risk management and analytics courses, and directs analytics executive education programs at NUS Business School. He is also Co-Director of NUS Business Analytics Center. Previously, he taught at the University of Michigan. He has several publications in the top-tier jour...
Education Qualifications Ph.D (Regional Planning), Regional Planning, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 1979 E. Eng., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 1976 SM (CS & EE), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 1975 SB (E.E.), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, US...
Joo Yong is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Management & Organisation at NUS Business School. He specialises in human resource management, leadership development, career management and talent management. Besides teaching undergraduates, he also teaches various leadership and executive ...
Education Qualifications MBA, Harvard Business School, Harvard University, USA, 1980 Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, Canada, 1974 Research Interest Large-scale Change In Governance Processes And Culture Leader Development Ceo Mandate Leadership Transition A...
Research Interest Investments
Shivendu Nadkarni is a seasoned FMCG industry veteran with a 25-year successful track record of both business leadership & organizational development. He has consistently led & delivered sustainable transformations in a variety of categories, cultures, countries & business contexts ac...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.