Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course is designed for supply chain and logistics consultants, supply chain engineers and analysts, facility engineers, and warehouse supervisors and team leaders.
About the course
The requirement for high levels of customer service, increasing numbers of Stock Keeping Units (SKUs), and high labor costs have dramatically increased the complexity of warehouse operations. It is no longer sufficient to manage a warehouse based on a simple, arbitrary “ABC” classification of SKUs, which treats all those in a category as if they were identical. Instead, each decision, such as where to store or where to pick product, must be based on careful engineering and economic analysis.
What You Will Learn
- Warehouse performance
- Modern warehouse trade-offs
- Size and stocking optimization
- Order-picking best practices
How You Will Benefit
- Exchange space for time (or vice versa) to better meet business objectives.
- Understand when to use dedicated storage and when to use shared storage.
- Identify the most convenient locations in a warehouse based on an economic model.
- Identify patterns in customer orders and exploit these to speed fulfillment.
- Evaluate warehouse performance.
- Optimally size and stock a forward pick area.
- Understand the best practices in order-picking.
- MANAGEMENT OF WAREHOUSE FUNDAMENTALS
- Space and time (labor hours)
- Dedicated and shared
- What are their uses
How to discover opportunities for improvement through data-mining
PALLET OPERATIONS AND LAYOUT
HOW TO SIZE AND STOCK A FORWARD AREA FOR SPLIT-PALLET PICKS
HOW TO SIZE AND STOCK A FORWARD AREA FOR SPLIT-CASE PICKS
ORDER-PICKING IN HIGH-VOLUME AND IN LOW-VOLUME ENVIRONMENTS
BENCHMARKING WAREHOUSE PERFORMANCE
MAINTAINING INVENTORY ACCURACY
WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
ISSUES AND TRENDS IN AUTOMATION
Lew is President and founder of L. Roberts & Associates Inc., a USA based firm that provides a wide range of professional consulting and management development services, aimed at improving business performance, with an emphasis in the field of supply chain management. His consulting and manag...
Dr. Nazzal is responsible for project-based learning in the Industrial Engineering undergraduate curriculum, including the capstone senior design course, and the development and delivery of early design course for sophomores. She received her Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering from Georgia Tech in ...
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.