Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with eCornell.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This certificate program is designed to help current and aspiring human resource managers and staff understand employment laws and regulations in order to deal effectively with labor-related legal issues in the workplace. The courses address key employment law requirements in the United States and also provide guidance on the implementation of employment policies and practices in countries with different legal systems.
The program begins with a focus on establishing a structured framework for analysis of workplace legal issues. It then moves into a close look at US laws relating to equal employment opportunity, leave, compensation, safety, employee relations, and other employment issues. The last two courses address a global context with a comparison of employment laws in different parts of the world, followed by a study of best practices in developing HR policies and practices in multinational settings.
The courses feature downloadable, interactive tools designed to help HR professionals assess and deal with a variety of legal issues in the workplace.
- Employment Law and Policy Issues
- Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Treatment Issues
- Benefits, Compensation, Safety, and Other Legal Issues
- Employment Laws Around the Globe
- HR Policies in International Contexts
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Adopt a structured framework for systemic analysis of employee issues that have potential legal implications
- Apply knowledge of potential legal issues relating to treatment of employees including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and medical and family leave to day-to-day situations in the workplace
- Manage issues relating to compensation, safety, employee relations, and other employee matters in compliance with the law
- Adapt to the differences and commonalities in legal systems and employment laws around the world
- Implement HR policies in multinational settings to comply with local laws
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Employment Law Certificate from Cornell ILR School
- 40 Professional Development Hours
Trust the experts
Overview Susan Brecher, currently the Director of HR Dispute Management and Resolution Certificate and Curriculum/Training Design is an employment practices attorney and expert in training and curriculum design for both online and classroom based workshops. She has broad experience in advising,...
Alexander Colvin is Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Diversity, and Faculty Development and the Martin F. Scheinman Professor of Conflict Resolution at the ILR School, Cornell University. He is an associate member of the Cornell Law Faculty. His research and teaching focuses on employment dis...
eCornell Student Stories