Who should attend
Aimed at HR professionals and managers with responsibility for teams and creating the conditions for wellbeing, resilience and good mental health. Those coming on course could be a mix of people with some grounding in wellbeing or with no background at all.
About the course
This programme was designed by Shona McFarlane, and expert in wellbeing at work, mental health and resilience. The content covers both working in an office environment and some of the wellbeing and mental health challenges of remote working, and where responsibility lies for ensuring the people in our organisations get the support that is required. It will equip HR teams and people managers to take the necessary steps in supporting their teams and in creating supportive working practices.
- define wellbeing, resilience & mental health
- explore why wellbeing, resilience and mental health are critical to business success
- create the conditions for high wellbeing and resilience at work
- identify HR and management responsibility for wellbeing at work strategy
- influence and support the building and implementation of a wellbeing at work strategy.
By the end of this course, you will:
- effectively articulate the importance of wellbeing in your places of work and the role it has in organisational success, using evidence and data to support their position
- influence the way that wellbeing initiatives and policies are developed and implemented
- drive creation of a working environment supportive of wellbeing and resilience, taking into account where in your organisation the responsibility for wellbeing lies.
This programme will consist of three virtual classrooms x 1 hour 15 minutes scheduled over 1 day.
Virtual Classroom 1:
- Define wellbeing, resilience and mental health
- Organisational benefits of increased focus on mental health
- Remote working and wellbeing
- Signs of poor wellbeing
- Considerations for wellbeing during change and ambiguity
Virtual Classroom 2:
- Create the conditions for good wellbeing and resilience at work
- Three levels of approach to building resilience and wellbeing at work
- Management standards and behaviours
- Psychological safety
- Individual actions for wellbeing
- Physical and mental wellbeing
- Practical exercises and techniques to support wellbeing
Virtual Classroom 3:
- Management and HR responsibility and influence on wellbeing
- Wellbeing strategy
- Wellbeing constructs
- CIPD domains of wellbeing
- Essential elements of wellbeing
- Example wellbeing initiatives
- Measuring the impact of wellbeing initiatives
Role Profile Expertise: 18 years consulting in learning and development and working across 17 different countries with a wide range of organisations. Working with: Board level executives, managers and individual contributors delivering courses and talks and coaching on positive psychology, wellb...
A passion for travel, people and learning lead Marita to locate to Dubai in 1996. Ever since Marita has held various management, business leadership and training positions in the Middle East. Throughout her contribution to the corporate world, she nurtured her enthusiasm for fitness, health, and ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.