Who should attend
Students from all educational backgrounds welcome.
About the course
A core skill set for supervisors includes being able to understand the Canadian workplace, trends around labour and management, rights of employer/ employee and the responsibilities of the supervisors as they relate to their staff.
Course at a glance
- In-class, face-to-face delivery.
- Hands-on course based on active student participation; class dynamics include group work, classroom discussions, and short lectures.
- Aimed at professionals in supervisory roles who wish to upgrade their skills and aspiring leaders ready to invest in their career prospects.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand what a positive employee-relations environment looks like.
- Define the cornerstones of effective employee relations.
- Identify the internal and external influences that impact employee/employer relations.
- Identify and interpret key sections of labour legislation that influence the rights and obligations of employers and employees.
- Explain how organizational policies, principles, and practices impact the employee/employer relationship.
- Diagnose and address performance issues and workplace incidents.
- Apply effective supervisory practices that support the desired work environment.
- All course resources and learning materials are provided in-class.
- This is an attendance-basis, non-graded course.
- Learning activities are completed exclusively in class (no pre- or post-course work required).
David has been an associate with Performance Group since 2011. He is an accomplished program and project manager with key strengths in organizational alignment, operations and performance planning and management and quality improvement. He has extensive experience with core services reviews, orga...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.