Who should attend
Leaders who would like to develop their emotional intelligence, or those who aspire to leadership roles.
About the course
How can emotional intelligence contribute to your success as a leader? Research suggests that leaders who are aware of both their own emotions and those of the people around them are more likely to succeed in today's challenging business environment. In this course, you will discover core skills of emotional intelligence. You will also learn how to assess and grow your own emotional intelligence and get hands-on practice applying these skills to a wide range of leadership challenges.
- Recognize and evaluate emotional intelligence in themselves and others, and give examples of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Apply core techniques of emotional intelligence to improve personal and relational competencies
- Demonstrate emotionally intelligent leadership techniques for responding effectively to leadership challenges
- Use the techniques of emotionally intelligent leadership to develop an appropriate response to a real-world leadership challenge
Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
- Introducing Emotional Intelligence
- Where am I Now? Emotional Intelligence Self-Assessment
- Key Components of Emotional Intelligence
Working with the Four Domains of Emotional Intelligence
- Social Awareness
- Relationship Management
Handling Leadership Challenges with Emotional Intelligence
- Managing Conflict
- Addressing Change Effectively
- Leading a Diverse Team
Building Strong Teams through Emotional Intelligence
- Engaging Your Team
- Building a High-Performing Team
- Module Capstone: Competency Challenge
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.