Who should attend
This course is intended for Management Committee, Safety Committee, Safety Officers, Head of Department, Engineers, Supervisors and Selected Employees.
About the course
The OSHA regulations define emergency management as “the process of preparing for, mitigating, responding to, and recovering from an emergency.
A major responsibility is to plan ahead for the actions to be taken for many different kinds of emergencies in water operational process. Emergency and disaster planning is a basic necessity of every safety and loss control system-there will be no time for planning details when the emergency occurs!
Justification for emergency planning and disaster control is obvious from a study of the statistical evidence of Industrial Major Hazard, fires, explosions and floods, and from social disorders which produce riots, civil disturbances and other hostile and destructive acts. The losses from these occurrences are in the millions of dollars. In terms of lives lost and individuals injured, the numbers are horrendous.
The aim of this training is to provide preparatory, orderly and coordinated operational event of an Emergency that may result from major natural or man-made disasters or an act of terrorism before the emergency event.
Strengthening ERP program means controlling Potential Losses and Catastrophic incident at workplace.
OSHA on-site emergency is constantly updated in the Industrial activity and that every person on the site who is affected by the plan is informed of its relevant provisions.
The above course will contribute adequate knowledge and dedicate to comply OSHA’s ERP preparation and to organize effective mock drills. As such, the course has been designed to suit your organization in dealing with high potential hazards present at workplace.
Upon the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the outline procedures for ensuring safe work practices and methods for dealing with workplace emergencies
- Able to organize the crisis management team and potential disasters action plan
- Implement Hazard identification techniques
- Able to organize effective ERP at the workplace
- Introduction and Hazard Identification
- Types of hazards and preparedness culture
- Managing Emergency Plans
- Responsibility, Advance planning, Administration, Emergency Response Identification and needs analysis.
- Emergency Procedures
Number of structures determines procedures, Pre-emergency preparation and provisions for alerting and evacuating staff, chain of command, communication, accounting for personnel, handling casualties, training, personal protection, medical assistance, security, environment control, safety data sheet and manuals.
- Assessment Process and Matrix Evaluation
- Risk Communication Planning
- OSHA Standards of critical analysis
- Types of service disruption in normal operation
- Process of Warning system
- Evacuation system
- Evacuation procedures, Communication system, Emergency escape route assignments, Shut-down procedures-critical equipment, Procedures to account for all employees after an emergency evacuation has been completed, Rescue and medical duties and Post mortem.
- Emergency Communication
- Communication within the community
- Availability of Process Alternative System and Case Studies
- Mutual Aid and Assistance-internal & external
- Operational emergencies and Control system security
- Emergency Response and Recovery
- Operational systems, Operational standards, Process operation, Facility and restore system
- Emergency Response Manual, Emergency Management Plans, Model Emergency Procedures, Emergency
- Evacuation Procedure -
- Duties, Evacuation of Mobility, Impaired Persons, Conducting Trial Drills, Policy on Clearways in Corridors, Installed Fire Protection Systems, Portable Fire Fighting Equipment, Safety Signage, Spill Control.
Service continuity and restore back Case Study
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.