About the course
The ability to embrace change is essential to being successful as a leader, but, for many, the natural response to change is fear or resistance. Fortunately, we can train our minds to better manage change. This course provides practical strategies to encourage and support adaptability and resilience during times of change. Through real-world examples, you'll have an opportunity to explore potential concerns and solutions while improving your attitude toward change.
- Understanding acceptance and resistance to change
- Exploring types of change and their impact
- Methods for coping with change and managing emotions
- The importance of communicating throughout change
- Strategies for change management and overcoming resistance
- Learning to embrace organizational change
To learn more about how to guide yourself or your organization through change, sign up for this new course offering from the American Association for Physician Leadership.
- Commit to and take ownership of organizational change
- Build resiliency and skills necessary to cope with change
- Develop strategies to stay productive during times of change
- Explore methods to overcome resistance to change
The current version of this product is best experienced on a computer. Mobile functionality is coming soon.
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity’s post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.