Who should attend
This course is intended for all Power & Transformer Engineer and Technician.
About the course
The high cost of maintenance has prompted many organizations to view the management of the maintenance function with more urgency. The increase in the size and complexity of electrical equipment has resulted in maintenance being accepted as an important mainstream function in such companies.
This course provides the participants with the principles and applications of electrical maintenance in a way based on the good acquaintance with the modern technologies applied in this field. Trouble-shooting & forecasting break downs are inclusive. The participant's will enhance their knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for operation, inspection and protection of power systems
By the end of this course the participant will be able to:
- The range activities/marine phases in an offshore field development
- Understand the fundamentals of electrical maintenance.
- Be familiar with maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Understand the complete power system.
- Determine field tests essential to planned maintenance programs.
- Develop a sound maintenance program
- Understand safety considerations in electrical maintenance
Fundamentals of Electrical Maintenance
Maintenance of Electrical Equipment
- Power substations and transformers
- Switchgears, Fuses, Molded case breakers, Low voltage circuit breakers
- AC / DC motors
- Motor control centers
Understanding the Complete Power System
- Use of capacitors in power factor correction
- Grounding and ground fault protection
- Fundamentals of power systems analysis
Field Tests Essential to Planned Maintenance Programs
- Measurement and test instruments.
- Methods and interpretation of insulation testing
- Current injection testing of circuit breakers
- Low resistance measurements
Developing a Sound Maintenance Program (Exercise)
Safety considerations in Electrical Maintenance
- Proper use of test equipment
- Safe work practices and procedures
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.