This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
The course presents a systematic approach to the basics of electrical control. It first adopts a general approach to the main control elements, the method of primary control. Then it explains what is meant by open loop and closed loop systems... PLC construction, operation, different types, and its use in different electrical utilities are presented with many applications. The power Circuit drawings and its associated control circuit drawings will be deeply involved in this course with some applications in industry.
By the end of the course, participant will be able to:
- Understand the basic electrical control and its applications.
- Understand PLCs and its application in electrical utilities and different aspects of industry.
- Know how to reinstall simple control circuits.
- Know most of the electrical and mechanical drawings in most of their work sheets and maps.
- Definition of control
- Control elements
- Control systems
- Units, Standards, and definitions
- Analog signal conditioning
- Valves and actuators
- Closed loop and open loop control
- Control elements
- Data acquisition systems
- Data loggers
- Supervisory computer control
- Control Rooms
- PLCs construction
- PLCs Functions
- PLCs Circuits
- PLCs Operation and maintenance
- Electrical and Control symbols
- Drawing Charts
- Computer graphics
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Electrical technicians, field engineers, project managers, inspectors, contractors, and journeyman electricians who depend on effective skills and knowledge required in this ever changing fast pace electrically driven environment.