Who should attend
- Service managers and service executives in companies or organisations who wish to strengthen their competitive position by improving their service delivery system.
- Entrepreneurs and service business owners who what to learn how to improve the performance of their service operations.
- Other people who will benefit from this programme are frontline service executives, operations managers, and executives in the service delivery business.
About the course
As we continue to evolve in this digital and highly connected world, an increasing proportion of our population is engaged in the service sector. Even the traditional manufacturing businesses, in order to gain competitive advantage, are also increasing the level of services provided to their customers. To meet the objectives of satisfying customers’ needs and even exceeding them profitably, organisations must first discover and understand what customers expect and must then design, organise and operate their business so as to meet these expectations. This programme will help participants appreciate the art of service excellence and learn how to improve the quality of service delivered to customers. It will enable participants acquire the skills and techniques for successful, cost-effective management of service delivery systems.
This course has been designed to help executives better appreciate the art of service excellence and learn how to improve the quality of service delivered to customers. This programme has been designed to help the services staff and support teams to better appreciate the service concept and learn how to improve the quality of service delivered to their customers. It will enable participant acquire the skills and techniques for successful, cost-effective management of service delivery systems. It will also help the participants appreciate that customer service is a key differentiating factor which sustains competitive advantage in the market place.
In summary, this course will help participants gain competitive advantage in this new digital world by learning how to design and manage customer service delivery system. This 3-day programme will be highly interactive and practical using both case studies and exercises to deliver learning objectives.
The Service Concept & Strategy
- Customer Service Leadership
- The Service Concept & Culture
- Differentiation through Service Excellence
- Managing the Service Relationships
The Service Delivery System
- Developing an effective Service Operations
- Service Delivery System Design
- Capturing the Voice of the Customer
- Service Capacity Planning, Scheduling and Control
Improving the Service Delivery System
- Service Performance Management
- Handling Service Failures and Customer Complaints
- Practical tips on how to provide outstanding customer services
- Technology and Service Tools
Dr. Tayo Otubanjo is a senior lecturer at Lagos Business School. He facilitates full-time and executive MBA modules in marketing management. He is a Visiting Research Fellow at Warwick Business School, University of Warwick (UK) and a Visiting Scholar at Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State ...
She started her career at Citibank Nigeria and spent approximately 14 years in the nation’s financial sector during which she garnered experience in strategy, product development, sales and marketing,customer serviceand customer relationship management, cultural change management, amongst others....
Dr Muogboh, initially joined LBS faculty in 2003 and served as a faculty member and the pioneer Director of the Doctorate programme. He taught sessions in the area of Operations Management, Project Management and Data Analysis. Prior to joining LBS in 2003, he worked as a researcher at the Automa...
Dr Frank Ojadi obtained a bachelor's degree in Engineering Physics from University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), MBA from the Maarstricht School of Management, Netherlands and PhD in Logistics and Supply Chain Management from University of Johannesburg, South Africa. He has been a facu...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.